Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HQ

Kairos Fateweaver – 300pts

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut of Khorne, Exalted Reward: Hellforged Artifact (Grimoire of True Names), and Exalted Locus of Wrath – 155

Karanak – 120pts

TROOPS

Bloodletters (10) w/ Banner of Blood and Instrument of Chaos – 130pts

Bloodletters (10) w/ Banner of Blood and Instrument of Chaos – 130pts

Bloodletters (10) – 100pts

FAST ATTACK

Flesh Hounds of Khorne (15) – 240pts total

ELITES

Bloodcrushers of Khorne (7) w/ Banner of Blood – 335pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Soul Grinder w/ Daemon of Tzeentch and Phlegm Bombardment 170pts

Soul Grinder w/ Daemon of Tzeentch and Phlegm Bombardment 170pts

Tactics: I plan to use Fateweaver's reroll to ensure that the Grimoire of True Names succeeds. The unit with the Herald of Khorne and Flesh Hounds will stay close to the unit of Bloodcrushers, and recast the Grimoire every turn until they are unable to do so. This will give the Bloodcrushers a 3+ Invulnerable save. Once the Bloodcrushers are in position amidst my enemies, I will start chain deep striking units of 10 Bloodletters off of them. Placed within 6 inches of a model with a Banner of Blood, they will not scatter. They will also be able to charge 6+D6 thanks to the Banners of Blood. The Soul Grinders will take care of enemy air units and armoured units. Fateweaver also lets me reroll results on the Warp Storm table, which should help out.

What do you guys think? Do I have too few Bloodletters? I'm looking for any and all feedback. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overall I think the list looks pretty effective if you are against marines, it would definitely have trouble vs Eldar, Tau, IG, and Necrons. Even considering how scary your bloodcrusher unit is, I can't see it making its points back. The only real problems is that it would be horrible for objective games and can't take on the necron air force at all. Adding more Bloodletters wouldn't help for objectives as they are not intended to stand around. You should consider taking some cheap pink horror units to hold your home objectives. Another thing you should consider is replacing the bloodcrushers with more guys; the bloodcrushers may look good but they are WAY overpriced when you consider their T4. Use the Grimoire on a more worthy unit. You do not need the overpriced overkill that comes from the crushers vs. a gunline, and the Bloodleters AP3 is enough to win any CC with marines. Your plan looks very fun and interesting, but I just can't see a way to justify taking bloodcrushers. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback; I updated my list to make it stronger.

Here it is:

HQ

Kairos Fateweaver 300pts

Herald of Khorne w/ Greater Reward, Exalted Locus of Wrath, and a Juggernaut of Khorne – 145pts

TROOPS

Bloodletters (15) w/ Bloodreaper, Banner of Blood, and Lesser Reward (Magic Weapon: Axe of Khorne) – 195pts total

Bloodletters (15) w/ Bloodreaper, Banner of Blood, and Lesser Reward (Magic Weapon: Axe of Khorne) – 195pts total

Bloodletters (10) – 100pts

FAST ATTACK

Flesh Hounds (15)– 240pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Soul Grinder w/ Daemon of Tzeentch and Phlegm Bombardment – 170pts

Soul Grinder w/ Daemon of Tzeentch and Phlegm Bombardment – 170pts

Demon Prince w/ Daemon of Tzeentch, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Demonic Flight, Warp-forged Armour, and an Exalted Reward: Hellforged Artifact (Grimoire of True Names) – 335pts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've totally overhauled my list, based on suggestions I've received from friends and whatnot.

HQ

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut of Khorne, Exalted Locus of Wrath, Lesser Reward: Magic Weapon (Axe of Khorne), and a Greater Reward – 155pts

TROOPS

Plaguebearers (15) – 135pts

Plaguebearers (15) – 135pts

Plaguebearers (10) – 90pts

FAST ATTACK

Flesh Hounds (20) – 320

HEAVY SUPPORT

Soul Grinder w/ Daemon of Nurgle and Phlegm Bombardment – 180

Daemon Prince w/ Daemon of Tzeentch, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Demonic Flight, Warp-forged Armour, Exalted Reward: Hellforged Artifact (Grimoire of True Names), and also a Greater Reward – 355pts

I edited my first two posts for improved readability... I'm really hoping for some advice or criticism from experienced Chaos Daemons players.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Give the Herald of Khorne a locus of rage instead of the greater reward. Your math seems to be a bitt of aswell: he is 130, not 155.

Change you troops, 15 plague bearers are not alot better then 10 are. So go for 4x10 troops. Try to get more varried troops, plague bearers are awesome, but you don't need 40 to claim your objectives. Get some Daemonettes or Horror (but keep 1 or 2 units plague bearers).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Crap, my bad! He is supposed to have an Exalted Locus of Wrath! That's why he is 155.

I'm thinking about grabbing twenty Daemonettes, but I've heard that Plaguebearers are better in almost every way. Should I just use three units of 10 Plaguebearers, and buff them up a bit? Plague Banners are apparently really good.

Edit: No, I think you're right. Here's what I've changed.

HQ

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut of Khorne, Exalted Locus of Wrath, Lesser Reward: Magic Weapon (Axe of Khorne), and a Greater Reward – 155pts

TROOPS

Daemonettes (20) – 180pts

FAST ATTACK

Flesh Hounds (20) – 320

HEAVY SUPPORT

Daemon Prince w/ Daemon of Tzeentch, Psyker (Mastery Level 3), Demonic Flight, Warp-forged Armour, Exalted Reward: Hellforged Artifact (Grimoire of True Names), and also a Greater Reward – 355pts

A unit of 20 Daemonettes definitely makes more sense to me. Also, I really like their models. Thanks for the advice, levitian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts