Librarium Online Forums banner

Uk meet 2015

8K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  blakeadam11 
#1 ·
DUDES!! Im not sure if anyone is up for this this year but I'll see if there is any interest. Each year we attend Nottinghan GW (Warhammer World) for games and 'few' drinks. Nothing is booked yet, I just want to see how many people are up for it. The Forum has been fairly quiet of late.......

The date that has worked so far for the last few years is the first weekend of August, which this year is the 1st - 2rd. We will obviously go with whatever is suitable for the majority of people.

And as per usual, if people wish for a mega table we'll need to book it in advance (will need a second person to book extra tables as well).

Please note that this event is international, EVERYONE is free and welcome to attend.

​So, lets hear it folks!

#3 ·
Me too. First weekend in August seems fine to me. 31 July to 2 August.

Bringing Chaos Daemon/CSM for 40k and either Dwarfs or Kemri for fantasy.

If there is demand I will run another mid sized 40K Apocalypse game on the Saturday. Something like 2,000 to 2,500 points a player with 3-5 players a side.

And of course looking forwards to Riptor running "Cards Against Humanity" for a chuckle.

#8 ·
Got the time off work sorted last night. Once the dates are set in stone, I will book the hotel. Still got the details for the premier inn at the marina Kuffy sent out a few years ago. Now what can I paint up in four months...... ?

#10 ·
I would be really up for coming this year I have 3000pts of Lizards, Dark elves My even be able to rummage up to 3000 of brets and I can muster 1500pts of tau so I would be well up for the meet and I played the other day a 6 man game of triumph and treachery at 3000pts that was insanely fun :)

#14 ·
No one has said anything about not being able to do those dates so, if everyone is ok with them, then the dates are fixed. I'm off that weekend anyway so it's all good. I'll book my tickets as soon as I hear everyone is up for it.

Jim, to be honest, WHW staff don't really check what people are using. I think it was MadCat who was using loads of non-GW daemons last year and no one batted an eyelid when they came round.

#16 ·
There's usually a good selection of 40k and Fantasy players. If you want anything else then it's probably best that you organise it before hand. Personally I'm just bringing 40k and possibly Inquisitor if anyone is up for a game. I can't carry much else up there.

#18 ·
People usually play1500 to 2000 point 40k games but I will be arranging a 2-4 player a side Apocalypse game for all day Saturday. Depending on demand we usually find that if you keep it around 2000-2500 points a player with only one lord of war, superheavy or gargantuan creature per player the game runs smoothly and gets done within the time frame.

I will book the hotel & train tickets next week.

#22 ·
I think since 7th ed came out I really can't bring myself to play 40k, I hardly play the game when 6th ed came out with the silly flyer rules and what not. It really depends what happens with 9th ed, If 9th doesn't change that much (like most odd number editions) and we don't see bases changes, I'd be up for a mega battle or something using my Khorne Legion :)

#23 ·
Ok, after some minor panic about my days off changing for the rest of the year I've managed to get that weekend off again. I'm booking my hotel today. If anyone else hasn't booked their hotel yet then this is where I'll be staying.

LINKY

I'm staying the Friday and Saturday night so will be at WHW at some point on Friday and will be leaving you fine chaps on the Sunday (hopefully not too hung over.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.