Librarium Online Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I must admit i prefer fantasy that's why I have like 6 armies versus my 1 for 40k but I'll play whatever is on just love playing

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
I think since 7th ed came out I really can't bring myself to play 40k, I hardly play the game when 6th ed came out with the silly flyer rules and what not. It really depends what happens with 9th ed, If 9th doesn't change that much (like most odd number editions) and we don't see bases changes, I'd be up for a mega battle or something using my Khorne Legion :)

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, after some minor panic about my days off changing for the rest of the year I've managed to get that weekend off again. I'm booking my hotel today. If anyone else hasn't booked their hotel yet then this is where I'll be staying.

LINKY

I'm staying the Friday and Saturday night so will be at WHW at some point on Friday and will be leaving you fine chaps on the Sunday (hopefully not too hung over.)

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Paid up front man. My own fault and it's no real biggy. I'll just treat the wife to a shopping trip up in notts. (that'll cost me dear!)

I'll see what WHW say to my email and let you guys know what's going on anyway. If we can get in on Friday/Sunday then I'll be up for a game if anyone turns up and the wife doesn't mind shopping on her own.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Disaster. No meet for two years on the trot for me now. Sorry about the hotel shennanigans. I've had similar problems in the past normally because I go for the cheapest deal.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just had a reply from WHW. Tank day is just on the Saturday but they're still packing everything up on the Sunday so it's no gaming AT ALL over the weekend. So, basically, utter fail for the meet this year. Unless anyone can make another date?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I could come up on a Saturday or Sunday. Just give me a date and time to book it off work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once the dates are set in stone, I will book the hotel. Still got the details for the premier inn at the marina Kuffy sent out a few years ago.

I'm not really sure what people are intending to bring. I can't bring everything and the kitchen sink
Jim, to be honest, WHW staff don't really check what people are using.

I think it was MadCat who was using loads of non-GW daemons last year and no one batted an eyelid when they came round.

I think there has been a fair few people out of the hobby this year.
Kuffy and Dan for starters. Even myself for a good part of the year as well.

Depending on demand we usually find that if you keep it around 2000-2500 points a player with only one lord of war, superheavy or gargantuan creature per player the game runs smoothly and gets done within the time frame.

Thompson's Scandinavian Knife

21 - 35 of 35 Posts