Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some old Bretonnian knights on that world wide garage sale known as e-bay. Porpblem is they look like they've been painted with a tooth brush! :X

Before I place a bid, Iwant to know where can I get Simple Green in the UK? And if I can't, what is it's UK equivalent?

Cheers:happy:

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I have no idea if you can get that there. But nail polish remover always works. Non acidic of course.

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
It is sold in the UK, I would suggest using this website and clicking "Where to Buy". I believe there's an internet form and / or a number you can call, and they'll tell you the closest store to you. Best of luck!

Tekore

ECS Simple Green UK - Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Products

There's going to be a host of posts on here about oven cleaners and brake fluids and such, but I highly suggest the Simple Green, as I know it won't melt your plastics or give you cancer, that sort of thing. You can use the guide in my signature if you want.

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tekore, I've seen your guide and it's really useful 8Y

I will most certainly be using it when I get my hands on some Simple Green

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
I tried looking for some SG but couldn't find any in the UK :(, so I've decided to find an alternative which in my mind is quicker than SG. It's called Revell Color Thinner.

I've left a scrap plastic model submurged in it overnight, then in the morning I scrubbed it with a medium toothbrush under running water, after about 5 minutes the models was like new! Sure the plastic gets softened by the stuff, but not warped even after scrubbing it. The stuff is a godsend when I can't get hold of SG :)

Dunno what it does with metal models, better try with another test piece...

Just thought that I'd throw that one out there for anything similar from someone else who'd used Revell Color Thinner.

Hope it helps, it did in my case :)

-Kai-Itza-

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Yea I tried that, then I've tried that Revell Color Thinner and it came off with a moments scrubbing. It teaches me not to use that cheap crap, not saying that there's any thing wrong with the stuff :D

-Kai-Itza-
It's been a while since I've done any stripping :)P) but I the last time I used disinfectant it worked alright. These models were majorly blobbed though...

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'm enjoying using nail polish remover (don't ask me why) and I can't complain at 69p.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm enjoying using nail polish remover (don't ask me why) and I can't complain at 69p.
Nail polish remover is good stuff for metal models but I wouldn't advise using it on plastic parts. The acetone in normal nail polish remover will melt plastic. If you want to use nail polish remover on plastic look for the acetone-free variety.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found Fairy Power spray works very well. Just put the figure in the liquid and leave for a few hours or even overnight. Then just rince under the tap and give a light scrub with a toothbrush. It does not melt plastic like nail varnish remover and is not as toxic as some other solutions. Oddly enough if you use GW undercoat it does not strip it !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts