Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think that the uk white dwarf is wrth 4 pounds it has just gone up and personaly i am discusted. i will keep buying it because i love the mag and its great for the hobby but 4 pounds seems a bit much

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was *****ed when I read that.....I used to buy it when it was £3, but then they put it up another 50p, and I stopped buying it.

4 years later, I bought it again, this months, and I see it's being put up again.

Money Grabbing Bastards.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
wats 4 pounds in usd? 8 bucks? over here in jolly ol' united staes its 5 bucks, so about 2.5 pounds.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
I've been buying it again over the last 5 months and its been fairly good. What with the EoT write ups and the few free posters and things.
For £4 I hope to see more free posters and stuff at least.

I like WD, Ive always tried to buy it, and recently, along with Warhammer Monthly.
I think £4 might be a bit too much tbh, but Im not sure on what their reason for up'ing it is this time. Does anyone know?

I was *****ed when I read that.....I used to buy it when it was £3, but then they put it up another 50p, and I stopped buying it.

4 years later, I bought it again, this months, and I see it's being put up again.

Money Grabbing Bastards.
:rolleyes: Yeah its not like its costs anything to print thousands of copies of a magizine is it, and of course writers these days work for nothing so, yea... Money Grabbing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
God no, they can't stop ripping us off! That'd end the GW era of capitalism.
[/sarcasm]

£4 isn't really that much when you think how much you pay for certain models in the shop. WD has quite a lot to offer in terms of re-readibility. I only recently discovered a treasure trove of old scenery articles in my back issues the other day.

I'm still going to get it and i suggest you do too.

Bob

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Not if you compare to models aye, and even more so when you compare it to Computer game magizines which average at what? £5 / £5.50?

Its a good magizine imo, and as TGI said Its re-readibility is good, its always good to go though old copies if you need that bit of fluff or Eavy Metal tip.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hell no, I'm still angry from when they put it up to £3.50 from £2.99. They make enough as it is from sales of overpriced miniatures, so now they're making an extra 50p per mag.. I hate it because they know we'll still buy it anyway.. :(

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't buy WD, I just read it at my local GW. But I think it is worth the $5 sometimes. I wouldn't buy the year suscription though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
2 things

1) Up here in the great white north, it's 10 bucks. That works out to about 7-8 bucks American.

2) Dear lord people. If you hate GW so much and are just going to whine and complain about the way they do things, THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL BUYING FROM THEM!? Let's face it, both Warhammers are underdogs in comparison to other "cool" games that are endlessly more simple and easier to play. You need maybe one brain cell for them. Do you think GW has the endless flocks of customers moving into it's doors daily? Do you think they're frequently scrambling to keep the stock up? NO! THEY AREN'T. Some liberties have to be taken.

·
Registered
735 Posts
5 pounds is crazy. I pay $5.00 US dollars for mine, price has been the same for as long as I can remember over here in the US.
Price in Canada is crazy too.
I guess I better brace for impact because it's gonna go up in the US before long...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Our price USED to be 7.50 (About 3-4 bucks american) but our prices went up this month.

·
Registered
228 Posts
For future refference £4 is roughly $6.75 american precise is 6.75473, which is about how much any hobby magazine is around here, some will rack up $14, and I used to have a subscription to a magazine that was $10 (£6) an issue (The oldschool computer shopper from 6-8 years ago... you know the one... the 1000 page computer shopper) so I guess when you put it into perspective like that it's not so bad.

·
Registered
436 Posts
hehehe... i think it just did!

has anyone subscribed to the WD before it went up? they were doing a deal at my local GW... if you pay for WD for a year, you only have to pay the lump sum as £3.50 each time! so instead of about £50, you pay about £40! (excuse me if i am a lamebrain for Maths :) )

·
DING
1,740 Posts
Yea i am paying, about 6.50 euro. When you look at other mags around here they are all in that price range especially the top quailty ones. It is only once a month and as been pointed out it they have good reread value. For example if you had bought WD for the last year you would have got all the Index Astertes (sp) and chapter approved articles which were realised in a book later. I will still keep buying it as i would find it hard to keep in touch with the hobby otherwise.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Thats a point, and also another reason why I like to get WD. Alot of the rules that come out in Chapter Approved are in WD's. So why not cut out the decent stuff and keep it in a folder or scrap book, then you dont need to pay for Chapter Approved when it comes out each year.

I thinks its worth it, and I'll continue to buy it whenever I can.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.