Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off I'm a hardcore Marine Player, have been forever... However reading the new White Dwarf I'm beginning wonder if I could have immense amounts of fun with the Ulthwe Strike Force, It actually seems like an Army that you must use Strategy to Master...Finally! And I love the doom and gloom aspect of the Ulthwe Craftworld...It seems like a very cool army, and one that most newbies wouldn't go anywhere near...

...I can't belive I'm talking about how cool Eldar may be....May the Emperor forgive me....Time to lead my Marines on a 100 year crusade...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm still waiting to see the Codex before i judge, what Phil Kelly and Gav Thorpe say is horrificly biased

Gav said to to me- "Guardians are good your not using them right, they work best to protect a Grav Platform" That really iritated me i nearly said so a dying race uses its civilians as Ablative armour?

The New Seer Council looks wonderful though!

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah i am chaos black legion, but in white dwarf was reading about the strike force and they sound sweet. Seems like they need a lot of finesse to play and they look cool. Another question do buy a eldar codex for the strikeforce or are they gonna be in codex eye of terror?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have already played a game against a ulthwe strike force as the imperial guard. From what i have seen they are pretty cool although i managed to wipe out my opponents seer council just after they opened the gate, which was a 600pt HQ. Provided the guard weren't so crappy at HtH i would have won. As it was i managed to destroy his banshees and one storm squad but the avatar with the bodyguards and his defense squad really hurt. But they seem really cool and i am going to convert my eldar to ulthwe and then i am going to take 2 storm squads and 2-3 defense squads.... those black guardians are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got this in another forum but what the hell

get yourself a Seer Council ( well duh ) and equip one of the Farseers with guide.
Keep a squad of three warwalkers within guide distance, and give all warwalkers two starcannons ( these don't count as twin linked but rather two starcannons )

Now you can lay down 18 starcannon shots per turn with this squad at BS 4
not bad eh? here's the real killer you get to reroll all misses

on average you get 12-14 hits per turn
whats more space marines can't do shit ( except die a horrible death ) as their armour is reduced to molten slag.

And your opponent really has to change his strategy once he sees how effortlessly you annihilated an entire squad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.