Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really value yur guys' opinion, thats why i took in the suggestions and re did my list witht he help of one of my firneds as well.

Heavy Support

Wraithlord (x2)
-bright lance

War Walkers (x3)
-duel star cannons each

Troops

Black Guardian Defender Squad (x2)
19 Black Guardians
Warlock
-conceal

Guardian Defender Squad
10 Guardians
Star cannon platform
warlock
-conceal

Guardian Defender Squad
10 guardians
Bright Lance Platform
warlock
-conceal

Rangers
5 rangers

HQ

Seer coucil
Farseer A
Fortune
witchblade
shuriken pistol

Farseer B
fortune
guide
spirt stones
witchblade
shuriken pistol

Farseer C
guide
witchblade
shuriken pistol

Warlocks (x2)
witchblades
pistols

Warlocks(x2)
witchblades
pistols
enhance

the plan is to have a wraithlord and guardian squad with platform to advance up one flank, the other team up the other\, taking out transports and such. and hopefully pushing everythign to the middle. the 2 large squads and the Seer council to fleet of foot and get up fast. i guide them and take out w.e is in my way with the 80 guided shuriken shots. when im nto guiding the black guardian squads, i guide the 18 star cannons coming form the war walkers. also the war walkers are behind the seer coucil, so thsi makes a great bottle neck unit.

wat do u think? i hope u like it
(1746/1750) for a tourney

·
Registered
857 Posts
Dude no offense but that's the beardiest army I have ever seen in my entire life. 2 Wraithlords? THREE WAR WALKERS??!? AND the Seer Council. I don't deny that you will cream your enemy, but you might want to retool your army to not make little kids cry.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how is that beardy?? i have double the amount of points in troops then i do in heavy. its for a tourney and so its a tough list but by all means not beardy...does anybody else think its beardy??

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deciever...how would u change it, im looking for suggestions, not to be flamed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's nothing "beardy" about 2 wraithlords and 3 warwalkers. The wraithlords are the perfect heavy support choice for supporting Guardian squads, and the warwalkers are perfectly in character for Ulthwe. If anything, I find warwalkers a little weak.

In the average opposing army at this points value, there will be plenty of weaponry that can take down both. If this isn't true then you're opponent doesn't deserve to be playing. Hell, a Predator can take down 3 war walkers a turn with only slightly better than average rolls.

The seer council could possibly be configured better. Two enhancers is redundant, and the lack of any augmenters is a worry. I think there's probably a few too many witch-blades if anything. 4 or 5 is quite enough. Anything more than that just makes the casualties more expensive. Also, a spirit stone is not a great deal for Ulthwe because it costs as much as another Farseer.

I would drop 2 witch blades (from warlocks), 1 enhance, guide and spirit stone. Pick up another Farseer. Give him the guide, a shuriken pistol, and one of those witch blades. Give all the other warlocks augment. This gives you:

Farseer-fortune, witchblade,shuripistol
Farseer-fortune, witchblade,shuripistol
Farseer-guide, witchblade, shuripistol
Farseer-guide, witchblade, shuripistol
Warlock-enhance, witchblade, shuripistol
Warlock-augment, witchblade, shuripistol
2xWarlock-augment, CCW, shuripistol

This costs a couple of points less than what you had, difference is 3 more T4 wounds, 8 members in the council as opposed to 7, boosted range on your powers, and 2 much more expendable warlocks who can die first. You also now have a power on all your warlocks, which makes it (irony) less beardy. You have 1 less witch blade but those you have left have greater WS and support. You have higher comabt resilence and more total attacks. In addition, since the number of WS6 T4 models is now equal to the number of WS5 T3 ones, the enemy will have to roll his attacks against the former rather than the latter.

You might like to work in 1 or 2 singing spears, just for variety. Also good Raider/monolith insurance. Also, though 2 fortunes is good, 2 guides is a bit chancy. It depends on there being 2 units around that are worth guiding! As long as the WW are still alive you have need for 1. Otherwise I'd think you'd have more fun with Mindwar. Therefore 1 would drop 1 guide, give that farseer mindwar, give a mindwar to the guide farseer as well. No spirit stone, just cast guide OR mindwar according to circumstances. Don't forget Mindwar+Augment=36" inch range ignore-armour-save sniper.

You have lots of guardians, no aspects, and a lot of Psychers. It's an Ulthwe army. That's what it's meant to be.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you very much for yur suggestions and comments, they ahve been helpful, ia hve to run to class but when i get back, i will fool around wiht my list a little. ill re postmy list when im done

i to think war walkers are a little weak, but iits worth the chance for have 18 str 6 ap 2 shots. thx again for the advice.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i thought about wat u suggested and i did add th extra farseer but i kept them all having witchblades. it ook out the rangers that i was using as a filler for points and the war walkers. they are really a REALLY fragile 300 points. i added a fire prism for more tank busting and for speed which i was also lacking. i knwo there are gonna be objectives so i need speed. i also was able to add more guardians. here is my revised list.

Heavy Support

Wraithlord
-brightlance

Wraithlord
-brightlance

Fire prism
-holo field
-spirit stones
(can onyl glance me if i move, then whent hey shoot, 2 dice and take lowest so prolly 1,2, or 3, in this case, i can have a chance of it do nothing ot me)

Heavy TOTAL: 390 (as apposed to 540 before)
22% of army comp.

--------------------------------
TROOPS

Black Guardian Defender Squad (x2)
19 Black Guardians
Warlock
-conceal

Guardian Defender Squad (x3)
10 guardians
star cannon platform
warlock
-conceal

Troop TOTAL: 702
40% of army comp.

------------------------------------
HQ

Seer Coucil
Farseer -fortune, singing spear, shuriken pistol
Farseer -fortune, singing spear, shuriken pistol
Farseer -guide, mind war, singing spear, shuriken pistol
Farseer -guide, mind war, singing spear, shuriken pistol
Warlocks(x2) -Enhance, witchblades, shuriken pistol
Warlocks(x2) -augment, runes of witnessing, witchblades, shuriken pistols

HQ TOTAL: 658
37% of army comp.

i ahve 2 enhances,because if one of them dies, then the power is gone. it is a good possibility they will die because they ony have 1 wound, so to beon the safe side i will ahve two. i put in singing spears, as a last restort to kill transports.

MY PLAN: the two black guardian squads and the seer coucil move up the middle. guardian squads can fleet of foot if neded for a turn to get close. thye are fortuned by the seer coucil, who is protecting their meast shield and fortune themselves when its time for cc. the black guardians will mow down their 80 shits, guided, and w.e is left will get assulted by the 40 guardians, then they will be abcked up by the seer coucil.
one of the guardian squads with star cannon, aiding firepower. one wraithlord and giardian squad move up one flanc, the wraithlord helping guardians in hth, the guardians backing up the wraithlord with firepower. the same on the other flank. the fire prism will also be behind the seer coucil (guide it if needed) and will move to take objectives or w.e. i like to call it, OFFENSIVE DEFENSE. everything is backe dup by somethign else. while on te move forwards.

thanks for all the advice decarde, i REALLY appreciate it. if u have still ahve more ocmments/suggestions i would happy to hear them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I do agree thats an insane army that can cream marine armies without breaking a sweat, but there are two thing that is missing, Fast Attack and CC, you can be outflanked and outCC'ed really easily, i reccommend to drop something and add in Howling Banshees?? Striking Scorpions?? Vypers or Bikes?? Any of those will make this army more balanced and less vulnerable to CC and outflanking, after all, eldar is all about their speed and aspect warriors, ulthwe can use limited but not none.... consider it. Dont use a Fire Prism, dodgy tank, like the vindicator.

Just realised something, why dont u use more spells for ur farseers, i know my friend does, what happened to mind war, one of the most effective character/ heavy weapon unit killer, and eldritch storm, pinning is always effective in a shooty army, and turning vehicles can get u penetrations all the time. Augment is also a good spell, double range is never a bad thing.

Everyone seems to not use eldritch storm, its such a useful spell with ordanance template, why not use it???

oh well, good luck with the Tournament.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
u know i never ever thought about turning the vehicles to get rear armor. i NEVER thought about it like that. maybe ill see about throwinf it in.

i ahve 2 mind wars. they are on the guys wiht guide. my list is the second one, towards the bottom.

i see vypers as a liabilty. they are so weak. they die to bolters, and thats alot of points in such a fragile bike. i dont know of naything that would be able to rip thourgh 2 wraithlords and 20 guardians with star cannons, fast enuf for not to fix it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
necron wraiths can do that, just leap in CC and they have invulnerable saves, vypers work well with crystalline targeting matrix and they have cheap weapons, in point cost.

Eldritch storm can also hits the vehicle as well, a very effective 2d6.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.