Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YEAH WELL I TOOK THE ADVICE BUT I THOUGHT I MIGHT NEED THE DREAD SO HERE IT IS

HQ
Chaplain Master with terminator honours + jump pack +bolt pistol with bionics=140

TROOPS
10 X tac marines with paslma gun. Vet serg with T honours+ power fist and plasma pistol =200

TROOPS
10 X tac marines with melta gun. Vet serg with T honours+ power fist and plasma pistol =200

FAST ATTACK
10 X assault marines with 2plasm pistols + vet serg with T honours and bolt pistol with all melta bombs=280

ELITE
Dreadnought with heavy flamer with venerable +extra armour +furious assault skill drop pod=180

TOTAL = 1000

·
Registered
83 Posts
Change for speed?

So far the list looks good, but the only point that I would make is that other than the 10 assault, the chappy, and the dread, the rest are foot-slogging the entire board. With the weapons the tac marines have, they won't really be useful until the late 2nd or 3rd turn. Might want to either get them a drop pod, or add a transport, or go a little different (divergent) and get them infiltrate.

Other than that, list looks great.

Good Hunting.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well sence BT will probobly be coming at you, give your tac squads A plasma cannon and a Lascannon. This way you can hurt both transports and Marines.

·
Registered
271 Posts
IMO replace the plasma pistols on the seargents with bolt pistols. A reason being is because you don't want you strong power fist guy to blow himself up do you?

·
Registered
200 Posts
IronFather0 said:
IMO replace the plasma pistols on the seargents with bolt pistols. A reason being is because you don't want you strong power fist guy to blow himself up do you?
Ok, Plasma pistols are always a good weapon, the chances of him overheaing, are 1/6, and he also has a armour save of 3+, and thats 1/3 of him failing. So, IMO, I would keep the plasma pistols, that way you can sit and shoot at the advancing BT with the Lascannon and Plasma Cannon, or if need be, shoot your PlasmaP's, and assault.

I would definately take at least 1 Plasma Cannon and 1 Lascannon. What I would do, is break the squads up, and make 3 squads of 6-7, have one squad with Lascannon, and one squad with Plasma Cannon. With the other squad, I would either find pts to give it a droppod and equip the sqaud with the Melta Gun, and the Power Fist sarge with Plasma Pistol, or just give the squad a Plasma Rifle, with a Plasma Cannon or Lascannonl:sleep:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah so the assulat squads, chap and the dread are ok but i need to work more on the other ones
yeah thank u for that u think i should add a pred with twin linked and heavy boltes to it
agansits bt

·
Registered
396 Posts
bring the chaplian down to a reclusiarch and drop his bionics. take the plasma pistols off the tac sqauds, and swap out the plasma gun for a melta gun. cut the melta bombs from the assault marines, since you dont need anything beyond the PF to kill tanks. that free's up 60 points, which is enough to drop pod both tac squads. in fact, you could then just deepstrike the whole army. i'm not sure you would want to, but it could be neat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Deepstrike!

DominionWeaponsGroup said:
bring the chaplian down to a reclusiarch and drop his bionics. take the plasma pistols off the tac sqauds, and swap out the plasma gun for a melta gun. cut the melta bombs from the assault marines, since you dont need anything beyond the PF to kill tanks. that free's up 60 points, which is enough to drop pod both tac squads. in fact, you could then just deepstrike the whole army. i'm not sure you would want to, but it could be neat
Agreed. In this list your opponent doesn't really have any heavy weapons to worry about, so your assault sqaud is going to attract their full attention (until your dread arrives anyway). They won't worry about your tac sqauds because there going to take 3 or four turns to get to the enemy anyway. So definanty get them drop pods and deepstrike the army. This makes virtually all of your opponent's heavy weapons useless, and gets your troops into battle unscathed. Would work well against tau and IG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts