Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, So I recently began collecting Space Marines as my second army ( Necrons would be my first).

My goal is to build a 1000pt. army for now, however I would like to keep the future in mind, as I would eventually be expanding to a 1500-1750pt army.

SO here's what I have so far... Any suggestions on what I should be adding next?

Troops

10space marines: missile launcher, flamer
Rhino: storm bolter

(also have a combat squad, not sure if its any good)

Fast Attack

10Assult marines: powerfist

...I was thinking on getting another tactical squad with a razor back, as well as some kind of HQ (not sure who to get).
Perhaps thinking termis on a Landraider crusader for the 1500+. But im trying to finish the 1000pt list first

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Hello adi.pl, welcome to the Adeptus Astartes!

If you want to use the models you already have (which is not a bad idea, except for the combat squad) you should probably get a jump pack chaplain as your HQ. He will make your assault squad all the more effective! And you definitely need a second tactical squad with a transport.
After that, to fill in for 1,000 points, I would suggest some multi-melta attack bikes for anti-tank, and maybe squad of sniper scouts as additional troops (can never have enough of those), or a vindicator or predator for heavy support.

Good luck!
Red

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your advice Red Archer!

I've constructed a outline of my 1000pt. List

Feedback is appreciated!

HQ:

(125) Chaplin Cassius

Troop:

[210] Tactical Squad x10
ML, Melta
Rhino

[210] Tactical Squad x10
ML, Melta
Rhino

Elite:

(205) Sternguard x5
x2 Combi-Melta
-PF Boltgun
Drop Pod (Locator Beacon)

Fast Attack:

(245) Assault Squad x10
-PF, Plasma pistol x2

Total: 995

I'm trying to decide between cassius, and a librarian ( If i go with the Librarian i could use the extra 25pts to put Storm bolters on both rhinos)
... Also thinking if i should include the sternguard or not..

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Chaplain Cassius is awesome, but he has no jump pack and thus can't go with and enhance your assault squad. Take a jump pack chaplain instead. I wouldn't use a librarian, but your choice. If you face a lot of Nids and Eldar and other psyker armies the psychic hood may very well be a good deal.

Tactical squads are okay. At 1,000 points they can do without power fists, though I would definitely consider buying them anyway. And also consider splitting the tacticals into combat squads and use razorbacks instead of rhinos. The heavy bolters are so much better than a storm bolter or even two storm bolters. And also: please don't waste 20 points on two storm bolters! Don't upgrade the rhinos. They should be ferrying your troops around the battlefield and forgo their shooting anyhow, and a storm bolter is not exactly a powerful weapon I would invest that many points for...

Sternguard are pricey at this low points limit, but if you like them - keep them. Should give them a third combi-melta, though, just so that they are really sure to kill a tank they target - two are just a little to unreliable. Why does their pod have a locator beacon?! There's nothing else in your army that could use it, so that doesn't make sense at all. (Or do you intend to deep-strike the assault marines? Don't do so: by turn 2 (the earliest they could arrive) they could already have traveled 24" AND assault if you deploy them from the beginning.) And consider using the sternguard in a razorback. Drop pods are popular with them because you can drop ten and then split them, but you have only five anyway, have only one pod (so they would be rather unsupported) and have no means of relocating them and would be forced to drop them on turn one, where the enemy can keep its entire army in reserves and force you to drop in the open and just then avoid you for the entire game.

Plasma pistols on the assault squad are not worth their cost.

Good luck!
Red

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice again!
Sorry the locator beacon was just a copy/paste mistake i forgot to delete

I have re worked my list:

HQ:

[125] Chaplain
Jump Pack
Digital Weapons
Troop:

[210] Tactical Squad x10
ML, Melta
Rhino

[210] Tactical Squad x10
ML, Melta
Rhino

Elite:

[220] Sternguard x5
x3 Combi-Melta
-PF Boltgun
Razorback

Fast Attack:

(215) Assault Squad x10
Bolt Pistols/ Chain Swords
Veteran Sergeant w/Chain Sword + PF

Total: 981

I'm thinking of replacing the Sternguard with this as an option:

Heavy Support

[120] Predator
Las Canons

[120] Predator
Las Canons

Total: 1000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.