Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my frst point army and i want to make a 1000 point army how can i make this better i am so stuck:cry:

HQ
COMANDER: master, storm bolter, power weapon, terminator honours = 105

ELITES
DREADNOUGHT: close combat weapon with flamer, venerable, extra armour =140

TROOPS
TACTICAL SQUAD: sergeant with terminator honours, power fist and
Plasma pistol +8 Marines with bolters +marine with plasma gun. =200

TACTICAL SQUAD: sergeant with terminator honours, power fist and
Plasma pistol +8 Marines with bolters +marine with plasma gun. =200

FAST ATTACK
ASSAULT SQUAD: sergeant with terminator honours, power weapon and combat shield +3 marines with chain sword and bolt pistol +1 marine with chain sword and plasma pistol = 145

TOTAL= 790
yeah can u help me with this any one i think i can add granades to the assult squad and i might need a heavy support.

also wat would win a predator or a dreadnought

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
pred would win against that dreadnaught, but maybe not against one with a lascannon & Missile launcher. I would change your dreads weapons. give it some sort of range..assult cannon.. plasma cannon.. lascannon.. something.. if youve already got it and its finished and you dont want to change it, then give it a drop pod, otherwise it will die before you can walk it into close combat.

for your tac squads you make them single purpose. a tac squad with serg with powerfist is meant for assult.. therefore u dont put in heavy weapons or plasma guns. change the plasma guns to meltaguns instead.
or if you want them to be shooty squads then make them 6 man. serg with bolter. 3 marines with bolters. 1 heavy weapon (plasmacannon or lascannon). and 1 plasma gun.
thats makes the best shooting style tac squad.
the best assult style tac squad is veteran serg with powerfist and boltpistol. 1 marine with melta gun. 6-8 bolters. and maybe a drop pod or rhino.

for heavy support go with a devastator squad with 4 missile launchers and 3 bolters and a serg with bolter. that would take yout 790 to 990. Or a predator annihilator with heavy bolter side sponsons. which would probably leave you with enough points for a landspeeder or whirlwind too..

good luck

·
Registered
215 Posts
Give the tac squads drop pods, make the assault squad bigger and give it a sergeant with a powerfist and buy a predator with twin las and heavy bolters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thanks for the advice. but should i make 10 man squad with all chain sword and blot pistol and should i add grandes to any of my troops if so wat

i am really stuck now!
can some one help me out plz
also can u put some points up for me

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

·
Registered
396 Posts
try something like this

Chaplian w/ Terminator honors,Jump Pack,Bolt Pistol,Frag Grenades

5xTerminators w/ 2 Assault Cannons

10x Tac Marines w/ 1 Melta-Gun & Vet Serg w/Powerfist

5x Tac Marines w/ 1 LasCannon

5x Tac Marines w/ 1 LasCannon

10x Assault Marines w/ 2PP & Vet Serg w/Powerfist

992 total, so you can put a teleport homer on something, or bionics.

You dont really want krak grenades on the asault marines, the Powerfist deals with tanks just fine. You dont really need any heavy support, but if you want it cut the terminators for a 10-man dev squad w/ 4 Missile Launchers and give one of the Vet Sergs a Plasma Pistol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thanks for that but i don't really want a chaplin in my army cos i don't know wat they really do.
should i add a ten man squad with only chain swords and bolt pistol and use transport like a rino to transport them

·
Registered
122 Posts
what do you mean you dont know what they do game wise? they are sort of like warrior priests there rules are in the HQ section baically (i dont know if im allowed to say this sorry if i am not and modify it or ask me too.) they let any unit with the chaplian (and the chaplian himself) re-roll missed hits on the turn they charge and they are fearless. 2 very good abilitys for any unit preferably he'd go in some kind of assualt sqaud or combat unit. as well as been very cheap for the wargear he comes standard with for very few extra points they become combat monsters. in the list domion weapons group put up the chaplian would go with the assualt squad and increase their effictivness ALOT re-rolling hits is a big advantage.

on the ten man squad with rhino, people dont tend to use rhinos any more as they are easy to destroy and make the troops very vunerable, i dont think you'd realli need another combat unit until mayb 1500+ points the big assualt squad can take on most targets as can a big tactical squad with a power fist sergeant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah :w00t: thanks for that i might need to get one of them

would the army do good aganist black tempalrs cos my friend thinks he is so good at this
i played him quite a lot and killed him but he went over the top and bought lots of things and i mean LOTS :O
i might star to lose against him:cry:
but thats y i need all of your help ok:yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts