Elites
Techmarine (full servo-harness) 170 points
2 tech servitors
2 gun servitors with heavy bolters

Dreadnought 105 points
Assault cannon

Troops
Tactical squad 121 points
1 sergeant (terminator honours/power weapon)
4 space marines (flamer +lascannon)

Scout squad 129 points
4 snipers
1 heavy bolter
3 bolt pistol+close combat weapon

Fast attack 141 points
3 bikers
melta gun+plasma gun
sergeant (terminator honours+power weapon)

Attack bike (multi melta) 65 points

Heavy support 155points​
Devastator squad
sergeant
4 missile launchers

Whilrwind 85 points

1496 points total.

Need some tips and advise how can i make this army list any betetr and what are my best tactics using this army. im kinda new to warhammer 40k ty.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
HQ
Commander (master)
terminator armour
power fist
storm bolter
I would strongly advise again a powerfist on an HQ model unless its there for fluff reason's; robbing the commander of his high initiative is usually a bad thing because he might get taken out before making any attacks at all.

Librarian (codicier)
phycic hood
force weapon
terminator armour
What power(s) are you giving the librarian? If you aren't giving him anything than you might as well swap him out for a chaplain; the attack bonus from the chaplain would serve you better than a lone force weapon.

Terminator command squad
1 sergeant power sword/storm bolter
2 power fist/storm bolter
2 chainfist/storm bolter
1 assault cannon
You generally shouldn't need more than one chainfist, and its to your advantage to try and take two assault cannons over one. Eight assault cannon shots a turn work a lot better than four after all.

Elites
Techmarine (full servo-harness)
2 tech servitors
2 gun servitors with heavy bolters
Don't use techmarines all that often, so no comment for this guy and his servitors.

Dreadnought
Assault cannon
Looking pretty good, though extra armour never hurt the dreadnought if you could find the points for it.

Troops
Tactical squad
1 sergeant (terminator honours/power weapon)
4 space marines (flamer +lascannon)
Choose a role for the unit and try to stick with it, the lascannon screams ranged anti-armour, the flamer says charging/assault unit, and the power weapon on a normal marines seems like a counter charge option. Choose the squads role and stick with that, ranged squads can go with low numbers, no veteran sergeant, and a special weapon with range; your charge and counter charge units need the veteran sergeant.

Scout squad
4 snipers
1 heavy bolter
3 bolt pistol+close combat weapon
Again, choose a role for the squad and stick with it, if your putting sniper rifle's on the scouts than its best to put them on every member except the one with the heavy bolter/missile launcher. I would either lose a scout to give the other two rifles, or dicth all the rifles for more scouts and a fisted sergeant if you can get the points for one.

Fast attack
3 bikers
melta gun+plasma gun
sergeant (terminator honours+power weapon)

Attack bike (multi melta)
Weapons are often more effective when in greater numbers, I'd go with either two meltaguns or two plasmaguns over one of each.

Rather than leave the attack bike as a seperate unit, why not combine it with the bikers, let the bikers have dual plasma rifles and let the attack bike be the tank buster of the squad.

Heavy support
Devastator squad
sergeant
4 missile launchers
General rule of thumb I have always gone by with devestators, and have always advised, is two marines per heavy weapon. Five marines for two heavy weapons (since min size is five), six for three heavy weapons, eight for four heavy weapons. That way when the squad takes losses, they have to go through normal bolter marines before the heavy weapons start dropping; unlike th squad you have here which starts losing heavy weapons as soon as two marines go down. I would suggest dropping a missile launcher for a sixth marine, and only going back for the fourth heavy weapon if you can afford the two marines and heavy weapon.

Whilrwind
I hear these perform best in pair's; though like the techmarine I haven't used the whirlwind so I can't really comment.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
I agree with darkreaver especially in regards to your troops choices.

On another note, I really feel you are lacking in anti-infantry firepower. I would drop the techmarine and use the points to bulk up your tactiacl sqaud to 10 men as they should be able to combine their firepower with the devestator sqaud to wipe out whole units.

I would also think about droping the size of your scout unit and arming them all with sniper rifles and the heavy bolter.

Your bike squad needs to be orientated towards a particular role either as infantry killers or tank killers. Darkreavers suggestion allows you to do both though so I would go with that. (Good suggestion their Darkreaver, I never thought of that one.;))

On your terminators I would drop one of the chainfists as you really will not come across armour 14 often enough to warrent more than one.

JvK :happy:

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Firstly I would swap the powerfist on the commander for a pair of lightning claws as this makes use of his high initiative.

With regards to your terminators I would drop one of the chainfists as you really will not come across armour 14 often enough to warrent more than one.

I really feel you are lacking in anti-infantry firepower. I would drop the techmarine and use the points to bulk up your tactical sqaud to 10 men as they should be able to combine their firepower with the devestator sqaud to wipe out whole units of light infantry.

I would also think about droping the size of your scout unit and arming them all with sniper rifles and the heavy bolter.

Your bike squad needs to be orientated towards a particular role either as infantry killers or tank killers. Darkreavers suggestion however allows you to do both though so I would go with that. (Good suggestion their Darkreaver, I never thought of that one.;))

JvK :happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.