Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im writing a story, but i dont understand the 1000 sons thing. if there is only a thousand, what happens when they are killed, do they recruit more? or umm, yeh im confused.

just if someone could help me out here, thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
. if there is only a thousand
The name Thousand Sons is literally the name of the legion and, as far as i know, no reflection on the numbers. As they are a pre-heresy legion, they could easily have as many as 10,000 members.

what happens when they are killed, do they recruit more?
Technically they are already dead due to the Rubric, mearly being automated suits of power armour. I'm not actually sure for the regular troops, as due to the mutation problems its may be hard to induct humans into the ranks of the Thousand Sons, unless they had the Rubric applied to them. And I presume that they still recruit the Sorceror's as normal, but again I'm not too sure at this stage. SO they may recruit, or may not recruit.

A lot about the history of the Thousand Sons can be found in Index Astartes 3

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
When Magnus the Red was first discovered by the Emperor it was decreed that a Thousand of his followers would be made into space marines hence the name The Thousand Sons.

The name has no baring on present numbers or numbers during the Great Crusade when Magnus was reunited with the rest of his legion.

·
Son of Dorn
949 Posts
As to replenishing thier numbers, all space marines that were not sorcerors were turned to dust by the Rubric of Ahriman. Thier souls now inhabit thier armor. When their armor is shot up they don't really get hurt. Thus they have 2 wounds. I think of it more as the armor itself is rendered unusable. Leg blown off, arm, etc. So the sould is fine and just needs his armor repaired so that he can use it again. This is just my personal theory so don't take it as fact.

·
Registered
309 Posts
About recruiting: they don't. But the Rubric marines are all but impossible to truly destroy. If a sorceror puts a suit of armour together they can be sealed into ready to fight again, no matter what happened to their original suit. Only majorly powerful beings can destroy them, like alpha level psykers or greater demons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts