Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, i took a closer look at my friends Brettonian army book today, and it seems that with the Grail Vow, they are immune to phychology (pass all break tests, immune to panic etc) even though they are effectively immune to Undead (VC's included) will Undead still be effective against Brettonians? or not, as with SSC's they are immune to the panic causing rule of it, and the Casket? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, i wanted to know because it seemed our rules have near no effect on them:X

·
Registered
366 Posts
If I remember rightly, only Grail Knights can take the grail vow making them immune to phycology.

Any unit which is immune to phycology will not need to test for fear, panic etc-. The only Ld based test they will have to take is a break test if they lose combat.

In the case of a Bret. unit of knights of the realm, I think they are immune to panic prehaps? If so it just means that they don't take the panic tests say, from a Catapult shot.

On the plus side, any unit which is immune to phycology cannot flee as a charge reaction which is good.

As a general rule Brets. are pretty poor against undead, the majority of the army have lowish Ld and have to take alot of fear tests. Also Brets. rely on breaking opponents on the charge, not nearly as easy against undead as we crumble rather than take break tests.

Hope this helps, (sorry, I wasn't really sure what you wanted to know!)

Will Adams

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Will is correct in that only Grail Knights (and also Characters can choose the Grail Vow, but it only really works if they are in a Grail unit) have the ItP Grail Vow.

Personally i think my TKs are pretty strong against Brets. A few good shots with my SSC, combined with their average Ld, can see of a few Knight units early on.

Also te Casket can be quite effective. Despite the magic Resistance it will often encounter, if it goes if it has quite a bit of damage potential.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay then, it seems my usumption was wrong, but your are right Deciever in the magic resistance part, that will be annoying, but i shall persist. But my friends at the club only use pure Knights, so that will be even more annoying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm, perhaps i should invest some money and points into Ushabti then, Im all up for taking down Brettonians:D I think i will make up a 1500 point list next.

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
I always struggle against Brettonians. I just can't do enough ranged damage in the two turns I get before all the lances come smashing into my lines. My big blocks of skeletons can absorb a charge, maybe even a dual charge of two lances - but a good Brettonian player will never charge into a ranked up unbreakable unit. He wants to hit, kill and overrun on the charge, so he goes after Ushabti, chariots, carrion and scorps, who just don't have the resiliance to stop a Brettonian lance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, thats a good point, i guess i should expand my core choices to try and draw attention away from my special units, cant afford losing 65 points to a lance now can i:p

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Indeed, it can be difficult to get the Charge. And if you go with Ushabti as i suggested then it way require a little luck and clever tactical thinking.

Unless you are lucky enough for your opponant to willingly charge a huge skellie block, as opposed to the Ushabti right next to them, it requires some careful planning. Everything from initial positioning and charge path/arc, down to careful use of magic to ensure the spell works.

Still, get good with guessing and your SSC should handle most of it. I once had a Bret player concede against me. 1500pts, my SSC was the only thing to do any damage, oh, except the King in chariot, i think he killed some skirming bowmen, and a Pegasus :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.