Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens when a character with the mark of chaos undivided joins an unmarked unit? The BRB details what happens when a frenzied (Khorne), fear-causing (Nurgle) or immune-to-psychology (Slaanesh) character joins a unit that does not have the same ability.

The Hordes of Chaos FAQ provides no help, and the Beasts of Chaos FAQ does not exist! Am I missing something?!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Im not positive, but i dont think you should apply the same as for Slannesh. Makes sense really.

(i just cant remember if ItP confers to the unit of not lol)

·
575 Posts
And Promply found a FAQ regarding this ;)

Q. If a character with the Mark of Chaos Undivided joins a unit
of Marauders, can that unit then re-roll failed psychology tests?

A. No.
Source: Anthony Reynolds - Warhammer Design Team (Online Q&A on the
Games Workshop Warhammer Forum)

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Schweet, thanks.

Btw, how official are these online questions and answers by the design team?
They are quite official and trustworthy my friend ;Y

when an Undivided Character joins a unit and that unit somehow fails a test and flee (as an example here people :d), it is only the Character himself that has the re-roll, not the unit that had failed the test.

-Kai-Itza-

·
7,143 Posts
Yes, Characters may join a unit of the same type (Mortal, Beast or Daemon). the unit they join must also have the same mark as them too, or have no mark at all (Undivided counts as its own mark for this purpose)

·
7,143 Posts
At a quick glance, neither can I actually, but im sure its there somewhere. Have you checked Baests? it may be in there. I dont have that book on me to look.

·
7,143 Posts
Nah, im almost definitely that Marked Characters are able to join units with no mark.

Actually, i am definite. BestLords and BrayShamen are Undivided, and are perfectly able to join Beast Herds, who have no mark.

The same will follow for Mortal Chars joining Marauders etc.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Undivided characters joining unmarked units is a question that has never been answered satisfactorily IMHO.
It has from the beginning. The rules state that marked characters can't join a unit with a different mark to their own. Herds/marauders etc. have no mark at all, so the rule can't apply.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Gday,

Its in the both beasts and mortals books, just before the parts where the costs of the marks are given.

Its got nothing to do with the character, but the unit that's being joined. It states that the UNIT may only be joined by a character with the same mark. If the unit has no mark, then this rule can't apply.

Regards, Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.