Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was playing greenskins vs. bretonian (7th edition rules).
We came across the following situation:
* Bretonian turn.
* A unit of bretionan knights was fighting a few goblins (who had charged in te previous greenskin turn...and surprisingly didn't run away)
* 2 inch behind the goblins stood a unit of trolls.

This turn (the bretonian turn) the knights completely destroyed the remaining goblins (without even giving them the opportunity to strike back). When there would be goblins left, they would probably run, the knights would overrun and count as charging the trolls in the next turn.
But as there were nog goblins left to flee, the knights couldn't pursue, so the trolls could happily charge in their following turn.
Both players read the part in the rule book conserning combat (results) over and over, but couldn't find this situation (or we were just blind ;) ).
So: would the knight just stay put, and take the troll charge...or is there some special rule we overlooked, helping the knights to some advantage after completely destroying the goblins.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Keep dreaming. They stay put since the 7th ed rules did not say they got a pursue/overrun move (which was 1st round wipe out only).

Such is the peril of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rork.
I was afraid of it...or actually being the greenskin player in question...it's OK :)

Still seems a bit strange though that the knights would've been better off (i.e. not covered in troll vomit) if they would have killed only one goblin instead of all goblins.
But then again...can't expect to cover everything in the rules (there's enough of them as it is)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think it is actually the intention of the GW staff, this makes it a lot more about tactics, i.e. which units should you sacrifice to gain an edge, sort of like a chess match.

·
Registered
442 Posts
^^exactly! Think of it that the while the knights are brutalizing the goblins, the trolls are sneaking up through the clouds of green mist. Also, if you'd not wiped the gobbos and they lasted until their own H2H phase, and than you finished 'em off, you could have charged said trolls(if they were still about) and perhaps would be glad of it, no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts