Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Was just wondering when playing against ogre kingdoms, whether or not unit options (command models) should be included?

I found that the more expensive 20 man 5x4 unit of saurus with standard and champ is a must, as oppose to the 18man 6x3 unit with no command. I believe that the extra combat resolution is crucial in the downfall of the ogres.

I was just wondering if this is the "norm" for ogre battles? Also what would be the most effective lore of magic to use, assuming you take a slann? I like the idea of pit of shades, because like our dimwitted saurus brethren ogres have a low initiative, but appart from that one spell i cant really see the use?

Any comments, queries, or outright abuse is welcome, ty

·
Registered
228 Posts
as an ogre player myself, i would say don't include champions ever, wast of points cause almost 90% of the time an ogre will issue a challange, a tyrant can kill almost anything it touches, so geting wounds as well as +5 overkill will crush your static res any day of the weak.

also on a side note i would try to avoid bringing any stegadons. i love seeing big monsters on the table cause im big as well and most of my characters attacks are at S7 causing multiple wounds. easy points for the taking.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Take a bucketload of skinks. You've won!

There armour is terrible. Even there characters can't get a decent armour safe. Poisen those units to death. When an ogre unit of 4 loses 1 ogre they have already lost a huge amour of there unit and hitting power.

Skinks are your best friend.

HK

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't usually cater my list to my opponents, especially OKs. I think anything in our army can handle them quite easily. Skink poison is great against high toughness poor save models like ogres. Cavalry works well cus ogres hurt when they don't get the charge. They also have bad leadership so stegadon terror works well. Even saurus blocks are good because Ogres have trouble facing off against units with good static combat res.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair enough, i guess its as i thought, no real need to change up too much for the big idiots. But i think i might run 20 strong units of saurus with standards in the future, just for the extra CR.

Again ty all been a real help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.