Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the purposes of victory points, does a command squad factor in the HQ that is with it when counting the number of men in the unit, I think it does but I'm not 100% sure. So a command squad of 9 men with the HQ makes the unit count as 10 men strong for victory points.

I know attached characters do not count this way, so an assault squad of 10 + the Chappy counts as 10 men strong in light of victory points for the assault squad.

Thanks

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Yes, you are correct. As long as the character has a retinue, they become a single unit together. You are also correct about attached characters who were purchaced separately and joined the unit.

Note that attached characters, (i.e. attached to another character's command squad HQ and therefore cannot leave it) DO count as part of the same HQ unit as well and so are added to the units point cost as a scoring unit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the confirmation

One more thing,

can you make a vet. sgt have frags and the rest of the squad not have frags, so when the unit reaches CC the vet. sgt can strike first?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Frag Grenades work on a per-model basis, so yes: you can simply have the Sergeant with them and the squad without, and only the Sergeant will benefit (as long as he's not using a Powerfist).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So if you already upgraded your sgt with TH, for an extra point he can strike first with a power weapon and then the rest of the squad battles against the opponent (assuming they have the same initative). Ok, so I'm giving frags to my vet. sgts for sure (those without p.fists of course). It just makes sense.

The reason for all these questions is I am preparing for my first tourney and I have about 3 weeks to finnish painting about 11 models. Till now I never really played this game other than 2 times with random minis as units. I just like painting them, but I'm forcing myself to make this expensive hobby more interesting. I'll post the list I'm planning on bringing, but from past posts on this site I bet it will not be well received.

Actually, another stupid question.

I want a unit in front of my shooty command squad to engage in CC if the enemy gets too close, and I was wondering, if there was a wound inflincted 5 inches away from the apothecary in the other unit, can it be negated if the apothecary if he did not negate a wound in the enemies shooting phase?

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Yes, you're apothecary can treat any model within 6 inches of him, even if they are in another unit.

Remember that Frags don't make models strike first, they simply raise them to initiative 10to match the enemy when they are assualted in terrain. The Sergeant would strike simultaneous with the enemy at i10, then the rest of the squad would go at i4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts