Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i had a game today, and my friend had 48 skinks against 8 brettonian knights. I said Unit strength is in favour of the skinks, my friend dissagreed. So does Unit Strength have affect on combat resolution, and if so can you tell me what page in the rulebook it is on that it says so?

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Ok, i had a game today, and my friend had 48 skinks against 8 brettonian knights. I said Unit strength is in favour of the skinks, my friend dissagreed. So does Unit Strength have affect on combat resolution, and if so can you tell me what page in the rulebook it is on that it says so?
The side with the highest unit strength of all combatants totalled in a single combat will gain +1 to it's combat resolution result after attacks are made.
48 skinks is US 48 and eight knights is US 16 (because mounted models are US2 a piece) so the skinks would have +1 to combat resolution in addition to any wounds they inflict.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh i see, thanks for that. He wasnt sure what unit strength was quite for, and i didnt want to argue, so i said i would find out. Thanks again:happy:

·
575 Posts
my friend had 48 skinks against 8 brettonian knights. I said Unit strength is in favour of the skinks, my friend dissagreed.
So bretonnian knights have an US of 6 per model? ;? I rather doubt that you (or your friend) can find anything like that in the bretonnian's army book

So does Unit Strength have affect on combat resolution, and if so can you tell me what page in the rulebook it is on that it says so?
You're looking for page 38. Well, it's not unit strength per se, but the combined US of all combatants on each side added up.
And they handily added a small hint as to where in the book a small chart concerning US can be found (p.71)

Edit
Oops, MobiusPrime has beaten me. Well done. :)

Although, I might have to add that the bretonnians can have a virtue which denies you the +1 bonus for outnumbering (but in that case your friend should tell you once the combat result is worked out)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts