Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Brunel Onslaught: wargames society is a brand new wargaming club run by students at Brunel university, Uxbridge. On the off chance that you attend Brunel and are reading this - please dont hesitate to join our facebook group (link below). We play all games systems from games workshop, as well as numerous wargames and RPG's from other manufacturers.

If anyone out there is part of, or knows of, a wargaming club at another UK university could they please post below? We are strongly interested in gathering information about other UK university clubs, hoping to put together a list with the eventual aim of putting together some kind of university league or tournament.

Thanks for the help!

Nat Sinclair, Public relations officer for Brunel Onslaught.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

There are a few societies in existence. I'm currently studying at the university of Surrey (Guildford) and we have one. The link is: University of Surrey GameSoc | Facebook. There's also one at Southampton (Southampton University Games Society), Reading (Reading University Games and Roleplaying Society (GARPS)), and Bristol (UoB Gamesoc), although that's a fair distance!

Would be interested in sorting something out like a uni get together tournament as this was an idea I had. Will PM you or something to discuss.

Also, do you have the link to your facebook group? As I can't find it!

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*looks at post count* welcome to LO! haha. did you figure out how to PM me? if not then add me on facebook as that'd be easier. linky

and yes... i completely forgot to actually put the link in :D here it is: linky

its great news to hear that there are other university societies around... we'll definately have to have a meet sometime!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I've been a lurker for a while and not yet posted because I'm just returning to the game and may sound like a bit of a noob if ask questions!

Thanks for the links. I'll send you a message either way and will have to talk to my gamesoc president. We've started running wargaming on a Sunday afternoon, every fortnight, so that might be a good if there ever is a meet up arranged...

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you know - LO is built on questions. If everyone knew all the answers then there would be no need for a platform such as LO where you can ask questions haha. Never ever feel bad about asking a question. There is no such thing as a stupid question, even though alot of people around here seem to think that noobs should be attacked for no apparent reason... lol.

welcome anyway :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.