Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know most of standart tactics for space marines, optimal sizes of squads, powerfull characters and well rounded lists. But ther must be lot of others ways to build powerfull and playable army and maybe YOU are plaing it that way ;-)

So do you know any interesting unorthodox ways of making your armylist unique and still powerfull?

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
I use a lot of vehicles. Even Rhinos and a Land Raider.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I have the habit of having only 20 tactical marines, I then max out on elites and heavy support (only a few FA if I have the points to spare), it gives me high firepower but little assault (2 terminator squads- one usually a command squad- if i'm lucky). I also never leave home without my land raider and at least one whirlwind.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've started playing my Black Templars as a heavy support heavy army. 2 predators, 1 vindicator, and 1 LRC. It's almost like Iron Warriors except without the good Chaos upgrades, the Basilisk, and Obliterators. Okay, it's nothing at all like IW. Still, it's 4 HS choices. No idea how it would fare in a tournament, but I had fun.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not a marien player, but was thinking of this thing yesterday

about.. 2-3 scout combat squads -infltrating with a telehomer
Termies
And a few dreads in droppods!
and snipers!
^^

·
Registered
335 Posts
Unorthodox you say, can you say multimelta?

Probably the only ones who use this are Salamanders. I guess tactic wise you could infiltrate 2 command squads with 2 multimeltas each (or veteran squads with meltagun & multimelta), one on each flank and then with your other marines march up the middle of the board carrying 2 meltaguns per squad. This would irratate any vehicle heavy army. This would irratate anyone really!

And Bob Dole, since you have 4 HS vehicles, you should totally have hunter killer missiles, 4 shots are bound to kill a tank/transport before the game begins. I bet you'ld always take something down and make mad points back.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
In 1200 point games, I take 2 Assault Squads, a Chaplain with Death Company, a Baal Predator and sometimes a Whirlwind lol...

People get kinda miffed, which is sad, because they should be able to take me out without any problem. My army is so small that any focused firepower *should* be able to rip me up.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
well, i guess my tactica is pretty unorthodox cuz everything lands in drop pods.

My list really isnt all that powerfull, as in 2k point games i'll only use 20 tactical marines, but 6 dreadnoughts is intimidating and scares my opponents.

·
Registered
602 Posts
meh, i use infantry heavy... but usually small, infiltrating squads of 5-7 with BP/CCW and a plasma cannon...

·
Registered
309 Posts
6 dreadnoughts is intimidating and scares my opponents.
How do you get 6 dreads? I thought you could only have 3.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
HtWotA allows 6, as they get spread over two parts of the Force Organization Chart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts