Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i am thinking about getting back into the first army i ever had and i have the battleforce and a foot lord. but the only problem is i kined of used some bits in my lost and the damned army which is now usless so my question to you is do thing it would be unsportsman like to model the part i can scavege to build necron coming out of the ground. i think people might get mad because i can hide behind stuff easyer. though welcome

p.s. what are the different combo builds for foot lord

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Are you talking your entire warrior force or less then half? Having the odd warrior be shorter for flavor isn't a problem having your entire army be shorter...I don't think really flies. Ask the people you generally play with if they'd be cool with it. picking up more warriors is never a horrible idea either.

Foot lords.

Standard w/ warriors -res orb

Flying circus- res orb and VoD (teleport with units of immortals, works alright with warriors)

Fear-Re orb, gaze of Flame (team with Pariahs and Flayed Ones)

Tough CC-Res orb, Phase shifter, chronometer (sweeping advance is nasty I threw the CM in to avoid that)

Keep the Staff of Light on a footlord, your chances of needing to ignore invi saves shouldn't be that high. Unless your opponent has a leader killing squad of terminators or such, then take it with a phase shifter.

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Oh ok I'd say that'd be pretty cool actually go for it,

And sorry the flying circus lord is what you get, full 100pts of wargear can't add anything (I do like Phase shifter but unlike other leaders Necron lords get shafted on wargear points) I try and hit a "tough" lord every so often.

OH other variation for tough lord
Phase shifter, Staff of Light, Gaze of Flame, Phylactery. (I've fielded this build in games before it's alright)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I used to have res orb with my flying circus but after a carefull consideration i removed the rob and i just had the VoD. Think of this...how many S10 weapon there are to kill instantly ur immortals ? appart from the demolisher cannon and the tau railgun none. So i guess with the immortal flying circus the res orb is kind of useless. With this 40 points u may add something else. This is what i have done and it works pretty well!! ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Even if your guys are coming out of the ground and ergo hidden being a half height wall your opponent would still get to shoot them, as the model they represent is taller. So its not at all unsportman like. I had a few Necrons split in the middle before, had them on their bases crawling, looks cool.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well what if i had a fear lord(gaze of flame with veil) running with warriors having my flayed one deep strike(they can do that right?) and then port in with warriors and lord. i think it would work nicly if its legal?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so what if i deep strike then hope to get first turn then veil in with lord and his warriorsthen shoot up what i can and have my flayed ones guard me from the charge. umm also noob question but can they charge second turn

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
Well to answer your question yes your Flayed Ones will be able to chrage the turn after they deep strike. How many FOs are you planning on feilding? My recommendation is if you really want to use FO keep the unit small 5-8, my advice for your lord is too pair him up with a large unit of Immortals since you will be to fire off more shots and have a tougher unit. I'd say no for deep striking Flayed Ones inflitrating is much more reliable (no deep strikes landing into units , difficult terrian etc etc..) and will allow you to assault sooner.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya i was thinking like maybe like 8 or so. also the plan is to infitrate and veil with lord and a big group of warriors with some scrab running up the middle to tie up so units and destroyers running up the flank blasting away

·
Registered
149 Posts
well what if i had a fear lord(gaze of flame with veil) running with warriors having my flayed one deep strike(they can do that right?) and then port in with warriors and lord. i think it would work nicly if its legal?
Never deep strike your FOs. Since they cannot charge the turn that will deep strike is useless. Try to inflitrate them and u will see a big difference and also will be more effective.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Never deep strike your FOs. Since they cannot charge the turn that will deep strike is useless. Try to inflitrate them and u will see a big difference and also will be more effective.
Agreed. My favourite tactic with them is to infiltrate, then if they havent become a pain to the enemy by the time the Lith arrives by DS, i teleport them and instantly assault from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.