Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just to check with folk, the codex says..

"Transport: A unit of up to 5 wraithguard and 1 warlock may be mounted in a Wave Serpent."

so do we take that to mean that:
"between 3 and 5 wraithguard with 0 or 1 warlock may take a Wave Serpent as a transport"
or
"between 3 and 5 wraithguard with 1 warlock may take a Wave Serpent as a transport" ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
You can have:

UP TO 5 Wraithguard
AS WELL AS
1 Warlock

The wording is a bit tricky if you think about it too much. But definitely... 5+1 = fun in this case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
it is often a tactic that i really enjoy using kind of like a more durable firedragon squad that i use on any AV 14 especially monoliths. i know that in most cases it is best to just ignore the monolith and force a phase out but come on it is priceless to see that thing go up in flames.

·
Thinks he's a big deal
1,233 Posts
The book says that, like Termies, Wraithguard count as two models for the purpose of transport capacity. The warlock counts as a single model. Using that (2Wg + Wl < transport capacity) figure our how many dudes you can take.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aye, i'd assumed they were differentiated due to their different capacity use, but the wording wasnt 100% clear.

in my head there was a risk it might be similar to the troop choice option which requires a spiritseer, maybe the transport option required a warlock.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Read the GW Faq on wrathguard riding in a wave serpent without a psyker nearby.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aye, i'd looked at it earlier, but it covers a situation.. that situation could arise by the psyker being killed and the wave serpent picking the unit back up heh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts