Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone might be able to help. I want to apply weathering to my IG but they are in an urban setting. I'm wondering how to go about doing this as obviously mud stains would be out but in a city of ruins brick dust etc would quickly build up. Any ideas of how to replicate this on armoured vehicles would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
near their feet (or tracks) you could just lightly drybrush grey or black and go heavier the further down you go, stick a few scratches here and there and there ya go;Y

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
This is something im struggling with for one of my tanks (and its painted black aaargh). As for infantry I found that chalks look good. Once the infantry are painted and suitably based use black brown and orange chalks in varying quantities. Look at pictures of mud splatter for the areas where it will gather (or run around in a field for a bit with light coloured trousers on :) ).

The key is really the base, if it looks suitably urban then infantry weathering is easy. And onto tanks...

Whilst I have had problems with my dark coloured tank light coloured tanks I have found easy to do. Firstly stowage added makes a lot of difference (somehow gives it an urban feel if done right) Next use the same palette of chalks as above brush them into recesses, use some as a sligth wash and dont forget some grey drybrushing. If its a darker colured tank then go for some heavier drybrushing and also add white chalk to the mix for weathering.

As for what type of chalks I've found that my artists chalk pastels are good enough, I think that actual chalk, as in blackboard stuff, might be a bit too coarse but experimenting may find some use. There are actual weathering chalks and pigments out there specifically for this stuff but as far as I remember they are expensive however ive never used them. If you do want to loo for them MIG pigments seem a good bet.

TO add interest to the vehicle scratches (as said above) will help give the feeling of stone damage, a light drybrush with metals can help aswell!

Good luck, hope that helps

A

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
If you have battle damage which I believe you should. Where ever you put it make it dark in the inside then lighter going out. And put some blotches of dirt or dust on it somewhere.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. All my Cadians have scuffed armour and metal patches, I have done battle damage on around a third of them.

I'll experiment and see what I come up with.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Perhaps rust stains? If your walk through rusting crap long enough it's sure to smear orange and brown rsut stains on your lower legs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.