Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Hi, I'm playing a 1000 pt game, three players (eldar, thousand sons and tau as me). It's called da battle at da camp. you put your HQ in the middle with the other two, and the rest of your force is placed in 12" camps on the outside and they are confused(special rule which counts as pinned). I know your not allowed to put all 3 of us are using any special character. Chaos will have ahriman, eldar will have ...wait a sec...asurmen, and I'll have aun'shi. help is greatly appreiciated, thanks :p :D My list is a little later on and the winner is the one with the remaning HQ. Full (almost) rules for this scenario can be found on the second page of this topic. Please help, the battle is probably tomorrow! :(

·
994 Posts
you are alloed a retinue with your character so have a unit of 11 fire warriors. jump them in a devilfish and run away. its the best option. if you have to fight in cc then aunshi is your best option.

hope this helps

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! In fact i did 1 0n 1, aun'shi v ahriman in cc and auns'shi almost won. :eek:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fir wariors could aslo soak up the return blows, and if I ' m in trouble ten aunshi will detatch and jumpin the supporting devilfish. is this allowed?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
master belial, soz bout the repeat, bit of a slip there!

·
994 Posts
i think it is better to use the fire wariors as the bodyguard option.

this is because they become fearless and have +1 initive +1 attack. i am not sure if his works when he just joins a squad

i am also not sure if your option (detach aunshi) is allowed because it could be argued that the fire warriors is a normal squad and that aunshi is an independant character. so the fire warriors arent his bodyguard.

anyway it would be better to get the whole squad to safety wouldnt it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm, whatevr's for the gr8er good!my list for the battl is (should i post this here?)
soz bout the sloppy format.

aun'shi

3crisis,1 is 'vre with HW controller and 2 gun drones, all armed with multitrackers, burst cnnons and plas rifles

11 fire warriors

6fire warriors

6fire warriors

12 kroot (that's all i've got,stupid box set....)

2 broadsides, standard with 1 target lock, 2 gun drones

hammerhead, ion cannon, 2 burst cnnons and target lock

total=1002

the plas rifles and ion cannon are for the csm, the rest for the eldar, the target lock to defend from a double attack. What do you think, how should i adapt it? :w

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry :( the real list will be exactly the same but with a devilfish pts are still 1002. i only upgraded the crisis as i had 30 left over and i don't own any more fwarriors. When i find the money i'll get som more :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
has anyone played this sort of game? any tips? how didit go? is there anyway i can kill off both asurmen and ahriman and capture a camp?

I've managed to find out what's in my frends list.

eldar: asurmen, 16 guardians, 5-6 howling banshees, 8 dire avengers,D-cannon and someother stuf...

chaos:retinue of thousand sons, ahriman, possibly a land raider or rhino, raptors, 1-2 squads of nasty marines, and more...

they have both tooled up their exarchs, champions. The csm player is pretty good, the eldar guy sucks. Any suggestions on how to stop them gettin to my camp and capture theirs? Thanks B)

·
994 Posts
i just ran for my life. i manage to desroy the other hq with 3 basilisks i had borrowed from my friend. so i won.

also what are you on about capturing camps the version of rules we had had about capturing camps. (probably because it was off of the internet)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heehee...cheap tactic :D how many points was it? got any tactics for tau as shoottng doesn't matter as were only 24" apart and theres lots of terrain. :(

·
994 Posts
the same as guard. run like hell. use more firewarriors instead of crisis as more guns will be useful.

play defensibly by the time the opponents have destroyed each other they will be barely able to stand so just shoot the rest. a hammerhead is good for this.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks! will do just that. might post how the battle went on the battle report section. :w but what if the eldar falcon full of banshees and asurmen, and the csm transport with ahriman and chosen and the raptors both decided to go for me...I can't take that amount of cc dudes!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 hammerheads??????????

We're only playing 1000 pts, what should i lose to get the hammerheads?
(By the way, that's a great idea, as I do have 2 hammerheads :) )
But I do need to keep my force mobile, to capture the enemies camps :(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.