Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a game right now, and with the first shot from the squad the target is dead, does that mean the rest of them can target other things? or they null and void now? I'll be posting a battle report when it's over.

Please help so I can get on with it.

Chaos havocs shot the first shot at a kan and destroyed it, leaving the rest of them to do nothing.
I'd really appreciate some help :(

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
All firing from a squad is considered simultaneous. This means that even if you roll your shots one at a time, everyone in a squad has still fired at the original target... So if the first shot kills the target, the rest are wasted.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All firing from a unit happens instantaneously.
That your target died in the first shot you resolved is irrelevant.
You can't retarget.

·
Hominus Nocturnum
529 Posts
A good rule of thumb is to declare ALL your shooting before you start rolling dice. At the very least declare it all for the squad.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
A good rule of thumb is to declare ALL your shooting before you start rolling dice. At the very least declare it all for the squad.
Agreed, page 18 in the BGB "The whole unit has to fire at a single opposing unit of your choice........"

Cheers.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
The original question has been answered correctly.

However, I would like to disagree with the suggestion to declare all your shooting (for the phase) and then resolve it. It is perfectly legal for me to plan to have 2 squads of Destroyers shoot at a Devilfish, but if the first squad finishes it off, then by declaring both squads as firing on the single target I've muddied the waters.

Do all firing on a squad-basis. If some of the weapons aren't needed, too bad. But don't go declaring all your firing for the phase. You may not need the extra punch and, per the rules, can target other things with those seperate squads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.