Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know first hand how hard it is to find a group to play with when you PCS, so lets get all the military and military affiliated players here to post clubs that they have either on base, or near the base you're stationed at.

Here at Misawa AFB we've got "Full Frontal Nerdity" (Sailors came up with the name...). As of right now we've got off and on around 8 or so players. Mostly sailors, I'm as of right now the only AF player, but all are welcome.

·
436 Posts
Heh, full frontal nerdity. I still like that name.

Anyone else in the Military around the Japan area? Specifically Misawa?

Anyone else in the Military period? Where are you located? We can try to get orders to places with large concentrations of gamers. ;)

·
436 Posts
Crimson Tears,
The reason my location says Minnesota/Japan, is that while Minnesota is home. I am stationed in Japan. When I transfer back to the States, I will amend it to indicate where in the continental U.S. I will be living.

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumping. Could I request that a Mod maybe sticky this? It's extremely hard for us in the military to find new groups to join with whenever we've gotta move to a new station.

Military members around the world (doesn't matter what country or service) post your clubs info here for people to see. Hopefully it'll help people out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was stationed at Misawa AB a few years ago. I have been using the moniker on most forums that I post on ever since.

I have just started to play WHF. I am currently retired USAF, and living in SC. If anyone is ever in the Columbia area, the store we play at is :

Heroes and Dragons. (Heroes and Dragons >> Columbia, South Carolina, U.S.A.)

I do not miss all the snow btw :).

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Phobos.

·
Registered
351 Posts
22 years in the USAF but will retire effective 1 October 2007. Going back next month to the CONUS (Cincinnati Ohio) to start my retirement and leisurely lifestyle. I'm currently here in England (RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk) without a club as such. If anyone's in the Cincinnati area give me a shout.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
Okinawa, Japan.
I haven't been home in quite some time, but I know for a while there was a pretty active Warhammer 40K club that met every Saturday at the Kadena USO from noon to close.

I also heard rumor of a club that met and played up at Camp Hanson USO, and Camp Courtney. Most of the players were USMC, but had a good mix of USAF and Army guys playing too.

I'm going to be going home for a while in September, so I will be sure to post an update of wargaming activities that I hear about while there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ. The store I play at is Hat's Games and we have a pretty decent sizes group of gamers of all age ranges. The last tourny we had here had 26 players.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
also in oki do u know if the club in kadena will help a new player out and how relaxed is it there?
When I was there, it was pretty relaxed. I couldn't say how "newbie" friendly they are(were).
I will be back in Oki soon, and will give you a better feel for it when I check it out.
rogerthat, you IN okinawa now?
If so, where are you stationed(or are you a dependent?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all! Air Force recruiter in Richmond, VA here! There aren't many clubs in the area, but we do have a pretty sweet GW store, Stony Point.
I'm always looking for fellow military people to play against. Normally we're a bit more, how do I say this, fun?8)

For the guy in Kadena, I've talked to acouple folks over on warpshadow.com who live in Japan. I'll find out where they are and try to hook you up.

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
Awesome, do you have models yet?
Collector's corner(if they still exist) used to carry some, Talk to Gary(the owner) and I'm sure he'd be happy to order stuff for you.

Silver bullet on Gate 2 street(again, if the shop still exists) Koji-san used to carry some 40K stuff and would probably get some for you too.

I'm going to be on Okinawa for the whole month of September, if you like, we can hook up and play a quick game or two if you have some models(I have no plans on brining any, but can be convinced to do so)
Always happy to introduce someone to the game, and maybe make the connections necessary to get you in.

Like I said, if you take the shuttle(or car if you have one) from foster to kadena to the USO/Schilling Rec center(again, if I remember right) they probably have open gaming still on saturdays from noon on. Call em up and ask!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea I have some models but just the compuslary choices u have to take. They need to be painted still and im working on that when i do get the time. Thanks for the info.

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
I'm here in Ft. Sam, just got in about a month ago and looking for some other players.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am stationed at Malmstrom, Montana. There are actually a few of us that play at the local card store Action Cards and Comics.
Though currently I am stuck in Iraq on deployment.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts