Librarium Online Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
US Army here, in Belgium working at SHAPE till this summer. We used to have a nice group that we were playing with, but PCS's and Deployments pretty much killed it. Now it's only a handfull of Americans and a Brit or two every now and then that want to game.

Though, I've gone out to the GWS shops in Lille, France and Namur, Belgium from time to time to play a game or two.

I'm just worried that all my mini's are going to be sitting on a shelf when I PCS back to Korea come July. No GWS stores there, uhg. Guess I'll have to try to get my soldiers hooked on it.

·
Armored Cav Addict
993 Posts
Yeah, no one here in the Sinai plays, though a couple people have seen my guard and are impressed. My first sergeant is just worried I have no life!

I'll be headed, however, to Ft. Campbell in a few months, so, Hurrah!

·
494 Posts
Any Military around Vandenberg AFB, CA?

I was up at Malmstrom a few years back and we had a half-dozen guys who met fairly regularly to do all kinds of gaming (though 40K is my fave by far). Somebody mentioned Action Cards and Comics earlier in this thread...we never actually played there, though it's where a few of us first met. Guess things don't change much in Great Falls....

Anyway, if anyone comes through Vandenberg, PM me and we might be able to arrange something.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
We've got quite a few former and active USAF, USN, and USCG in our local group. The comic shop we play at is really close to Tyndall AFB and Panama City Beach NSA. Eglin AFB is a bit of a drive away, but not too far.

Just throwing it out there for any that PCS to the Panama City, FL area. Either check out Comic Emporium, www.40kwarzone.com, or send me a PM; you'll have somebody to play.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you get dropped in the little end of the planet location of Rome Ny, home of NEADS and DFAS and the decom Griffiss AFB, feel free to PM me, i've got plenty of folks eager to play.
Our comic shop closed down here.. Terrible owner

·
Registered
81 Posts
Altus Oklahoma

As far as I know I am the only one here at Altus AFB Oklahoma. I know of a few people who play in Lawton Oklahoma (Fort Sill, Army) area but I have not played with them yet and many who play in Oklahoma City (Tinker AFB) area. The one place I use to go and play (haven't played in about a year) is Wichita Texas (Galaxy Comics). Fun group to play with and they have tournaments every two to three months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Recently got PCS'ed to Lajes Field in the Azores. It's in the middle of the Atlantic so I doubt I'll be finding much action to be had here (gaming wise I mean). However it's a short tour, only 15 months, and then I go on to Yokota, Japan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Army PCSing to Fort Polk in September but will be at APG, MD for 15 weeks starting in June. I have just started playing 40K again and would consider myself a noob any clubs or players want to game shoot me a pm. Also I will be at Benning for 6 weeks starting next week but I probably won't have time plus I am still trying to finish my IG 500pt Army. Getting time to paint is a pain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got stationed in Key West, FL. Was wondering if there were any players around? Can't seem to find anything outside the Miami area, 3 hours away. If you wanna play or learn to play, drop me a line. I have multiple armies if someone wants to try it out.

Play:

Warhammer Fantasy
Warhammer 40k
Warmachine/Hordes
Infinity
Confrontation

·
Registered
14 Posts
No Marines on this thread??!

Well that ends now!! 12 years active and counting. I started collecting and playing 9 years ago in Jacksonville, NC at Hobby Chest. I'll be PCS'ing to Virginia here soon. San Diego, Los Angeles and the Inland Empire have robust gaming communities that are very welcoming to Military types...especially on the 1st and 15th!

Anywho, glad this thread is stickied and populated! Keep up the good work!

Pacific Marauders Game Club - Index

·
Registered
379 Posts
My name is LCPL Thompson of Jville FL. Ive been in the USMC (OORAH MRINES!) for only lil over a year now, but am motivated and loving it.

My question is relavent and useful to all military members.

How do you transport your mini's from station to station? Bringing my mini's with me this time to my next one and was wondering how everyone else does it safely and efficiently?

·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
My name is LCPL Thompson of Jville FL. Ive been in the USMC (OORAH MRINES!) for only lil over a year now, but am motivated and loving it.

My question is relavent and useful to all military members.

How do you transport your mini's from station to station? Bringing my mini's with me this time to my next one and was wondering how everyone else does it safely and efficiently?
I use the Sabol transport trays for all of my painted stuff. Unpainted stuff gets packed into boxes with bubble wrap, or peanuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@ Infantryman07: Check out www.ironfistleague.com. It's a good group of guys who play lots of 40k and a little less WFB. You can hit up www.biggunzdc.com for some Warmachine.

I'm headed to Fort Bragg, NC in a couple months. I saw a guy in the thread that left from the area, so I'm sure there's something. Anyone got any details?

-Reece

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm at Jackson looking for people to game with, it will be few and far between being a Drill Sgt, but if I could find some interested people near by

·
Registered
34 Posts
This may seem rather off topic but as an enlisted marine waiting to go to bootcamp it's nice to find out that there are quite a few people in the military who play 40k and similair games

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good gaming here in Fayetteville, NC near Ft Bragg/Pope AFB. The Hobbitt, FLGS, hosts gaming of various types on Saturday. Depending on where you live in relation t the Post/Base there are also groups around a store in Southern Pines (Hit Point Hobbies). There are also several groups/stores near Cary/Chapel/Raleigh associated with the various colleges there.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts