Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to tomb kings and I think it was either around here or on the khemri forum that it was possible to put your tomb king/prince in a unit with ushabti, so I was wondering if it was possible if anyone could explain to me how?

·
Registered
92 Posts
AFAIK, according to the base rule book, there is nothing prohibiting it, but I've never seen anyone actually do that. You have to keep in mind that the prince won't add that much to the unit. The ushabti hit pretty hard on their own and have a decent number of attacks. Putting the prince with them wouldn't be significantly different than simply adding another ushabti to the unit.

Now, the rebuttal to that is that he could cast Smite on them using My Will Be Done giving each of them an additional attack. Or of course give them extra move. However, it is only one attack added to the three they already get. Plus they are already a third faster moving than the skeleton blocks.

I prefer to see the prince in the skeleton unit to give them a little backbone so to speak, let them do some damage if you can't bring in a hammer immediately, and speed their movement.

Finally, Ptah forbid, you lose your hierophant and the army starts to crumble, you want the character in with the skeletons so they can use his leadership. The ushabti have excellent leadership on their own and are constructs so they should be able to weather the effects much better than the skeleton unit.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Its perfectly possible for a King or Prince on foot to join an Ushabti unit. Just bear in mind the Movement of the unit will be capped by the lower M of the TK, 4.

There are advantages to this idea, in that the King/Prince will be with a really hard hitting unit, and also their MWBD incantations will be easily usble on the Ushabti for an effective 12" charge range.

Hoever generally i think the Ush are hard enough, and usually its more common to see them in a Chariot or Infantry unit, where they make better leaders in those positions. (For example, silm's point about Ld)

Edit, thinking back... once when playing ogres i had a Giant charge the Skellie unit with my King in. The KIng was picked up and throw into the Ushabti unit, hence joining them, and from there they went on to rock solid vs the Ogre Tyrant and his maneaters!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sorry it was the icon bearer at the khemri forum where I heard that he/they used him with the ushabti, I didnt think you could because its not the same size base.

·
7,143 Posts
IB with them is also legal. There are infact very few restrictions on Characters joining units. Take a look at the BRB, bottom right of pg72.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Edit, thinking back... once when playing ogres i had a Giant charge the Skellie unit with my King in. The KIng was picked up and throw into the Ushabti unit, hence joining them, and from there they went on to rock solid vs the Ogre Tyrant and his maneaters!
Sorry for going off-topic here, but I just have to say I find that quite hilarious :D:rofl:D

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Mmm, three Ushabti joined by the IB with the Icon of the Sacred Eye.
I hit most basic troops on 2s, I wound most basic troops on 2s, with NINE FREAKIN ATTACKS! - oh, plus the piddly IB's attacks.
If I charge the flank of some RiF, I'm probably doing 7~8 wounds, plus flank and BSB for combat res vs (probably) outnumber and a standard. I win by 7~8. GG!

Heheh, I like it!

·
7,143 Posts
Hmm.. OR 4 Ushabti joined by 2 IBs, one with sacred eye and the other with undying legion! :) lol

And yes, MisterDutch, it was sweet revenge :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
IB = Icon Bearer.

We really should set up an acronym list thread at some point...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.