Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to games with your freinds I find it fun to try out new ideas. For this I thought if people play 40k and have a fantasy army then why not put them in 40k for kicks? I've seen the lizardmen in space thread but I was thinking that instead of making completly new rules for the armies why not keep profiles and stats the same and only change them slightly in order for them to fit with 40k, like a fantasy unit has a 3+ save but because in 40k that would be the equal of 40k bring it down to 4+. Some basic things I came up with are:
decrease all armour by one
fantasy army can be bigger in points then the 40k opposition
The basic structure can be the same (ranks of troops, movement, magic, etc) except when small changes are required

Think about it. For vampire counts they could be the planet population that fell into chaos and are being purged by witch hunters, or a large lizardmen army as a army of degraded old ones occupying a fortress against a necron attack. I think it would be entertaining to see primitive vs hi-tech.

Of course this is only a idea and I need your help to make this into a fair reality. Do any of you have any ideas how one can make these armies work in 40k without writing completly new rules for them. You know using their fantasy rules but modify them for 40k a little.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ive always thought this would be very entertaning to see. But I personally couldn't play it because every one I know plays 40k, and I know nothing about the rules for WHFB.

I think this would make a great battle report, like some how a Space Marine chapter steps through a time-hole and must fight off a Skaven army to get back to their ship or something.

If you get rules, or even better a battle report be sure to post it, THAT WOULD BE HELLAROUOS:yes: .

~~~No1

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
in the old Warhammer siege book (3rd edition WHFB) there is a large section within the 40k sieges where 40k troops have to attack feudal age civilisations- there were scenarios where renegade imperial officers had escaped to become lords of a medieval kingdom, or where a select few agents were manipulating a war. If you only use a small 40k force its a lot fairer!

·
Registered
484 Posts
well

I'm guessing that the to wound/hit etc rules are all the same for fantasy and 40k. don't slate me if i'm wrong, i just don't know much about fantasy!

anyway, why couldn't you just play the game straight away, in the fantasy players turn they use the fantasy rules, and the 40k player uses the 40k rules.

naturally, to offset the fact that 40k models can move faster and... well... y'know, have large guns, i'd say the 40k side had to make do with around 1/4 to a half of the points of the fantasy player.

might be worth a laugh or something...

·
Registered
103 Posts
magic would need rules... 40k armies would need dispel dice. Also the range on 40k item might have to be increased, as the range of things like bolters is I would guess is figurative in proportion, just to avoid massive distances.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.