Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start a list for his company and i am wandering apart from lots of chimeras and hardly any vets. some HWT or they are in the infantry squads. what else is in his company? Also what is the best way to represent Jurgen?
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
If you can get a salamander for Cain then you can just say that Jurgen is the "driver", ele you could come up with an appropriate statline/representation for him. eg. 25 points, statline of veteran with meltagun and carapace armour. Maybe you could give him some immunity to psychic attacks to, this would be difficult to point up though.

A plain Lord Commissar would represent Cain well, he doesn't need to be too fancy as his wargear is pretty plain, just carapace armour IIRC. As I said, a salamander would be the fluffy option.

As for the rest of the army, I can't remember which company they were, were they his first command where he leads the charge vs. the nids? If so its an artillery regiment so artillery batteries and hydras are in order. Otherwise if you fill me in on the relavant campaign to jog my memory I'll try to help you some more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thinking back from the books the 259th was a mechanized infantry regiment so lots of chimeras, sentinels were mentioned quite a few times though i can't remember Leman Russ' being mentioned more than a few times so the heavier armor may not be as prevalent as lighter faster tanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do you mean the Artillery regiment Cain was first assigned to, or the 597th dual gender infantry.

In any case, cain should always have some vets to hide behind.

As for Jurgen no idea.

I could also see Cain as part of an inquisitorial retinue, that could make it easier to make somthing that fit Jurgen.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaa the 597th regiment. the inquisitor idea is good. very good. yea he wouldn't have any heavy stuff, because it was mentioned in the book, when he meets an old comm issar classmate, the heavy stuff would stau seperate to that no company could ever mount an assualt effective and man the area. the salamander won't do for normal games, a pimped out chimera would do nicely.

EDIT: the commisasar can shoot an inquisitor can't he? i think i will get a veteran squad with an autocannon to make it a salamander.

thanks
antique_nova

·
517 Posts
I would go the Inquisitor route if it were me. In the books it mentions several times that he eventually becomes part of a retinue anyway.

I would use an Ordo HQ to represent the Inquisitor and Jurgen. Use an IG HQ to get a Commissar Lord. Attach Lord to Ordo HQ. Give them a Chimera but use a Salamander to "count as".

I'd also take a battery of Hydras and one of Basalisks. Take a few vet squads with Chimeras and a few sentinels with various weapons.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Yes, I reckon a Lord commissar would be the best way to represent Cain. For Jurgen, you could use the rules for an allied inquisitor. They can have carapace armour, hellguns, grenades, and a null-rod could represent his immunity to psychic powers.
I'd give him a melta over a hellgun, but that is a clever way to represent Jurgen. Any psychic powers to represent nuclear B.O.?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'd give him a melta over a hellgun, but that is a clever way to represent Jurgen. Any psychic powers to represent nuclear B.O.?
:p

There is a power called 'sanctuary'. It only works against deamons, but it means that no deamon can come within 3" of him. Thats about as close as we're going to get on that track, but perhaps it's for the best...

Anyway, I'm glad you liked my idea. You could even give him a psychic hood, to count for his ability to mess up powers in the general area, and not just ones aimed at him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.