Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was thinking of something i'd like to share for some good advice,

well here it is:

i was thinking of converting my vampire lord from manfred on barded nightmare and a blood knight model ( i use the lower half of manfred and upper half of blood knight ) and then equiping him with the dreadlance and use the lance of the blood knight.. then i thought well myabe i can put him on a hellsteed and give him a 40mm base ( base of a swarm for expample, the base that is as big as 4 normal infantry bases .. that one xD )
and then put him into a grave guard regiment

first question .. is this allowed?
second question .. do you guys think this is a nice plan?

o and the reason i want him on a 40 mm base is that i can really make it a centre piece model :) like putting him on a nice big rock

critics and comments welcome

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I think your idea to convert a Vampire boss of your own is good. Armies work well when they have models in them that are different and unique. I think if you want to do it you should do it. As for the base size I don't really know as I haven't played WHF in years. I do know that there are some Chaos lords on steeds of various kinds and they come with and are mounted on big bases. Take a look at them, if that lot can do it a Vampire should be able to as well.

·
646 Posts
I agree, converting your own Vampire Lord is a great idea and your conversion sounds really nice.

As for the base size, the rule on base size tends to be that it is ok as long as it is mounted on the same size or larger base and you don't take the mickey.

Personally I wouldn't have any problem with a mounted character on a 40mm base, but if you wanted to be absolutley certain then I would think about mounting it on a 50mm square base, that way nobody can argue that it is smaller than a cavalry base on length, also, you would get more room to play with!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that was my first thought but the problem is that a 50mm base is to big to fic nicely into a regiment of infantry soo.. maybe i have to make a base that is 60 mm square but i think then my vampire lord can be very easy to direct all attacks to.. soo
( then its exactly 3 infantry models wide) or maybe i can make a base that is 40 mm wide but 60 mm long then it looks more like a cavalry base and i have some more room and it saves some graveguard models in my front rank ( they must fight too! or they'll get lazy bastards xD )

anyway what do you guys think of this?

and more comments and critics are always welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts