Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through the new book, I think i may have noticed something. By pg121 of the BRB, Characters cannot take magic armour if they dont have a mundane option. The only Mundane armour a Vamp can get is from a Vampire power, so if I have this right, in order to take Magic Armour, you must first buy a Vampire power? And then in turn, taking Magic Armour replaces any they get from the Vamp Power, meaning their Magic Armour is more expensive that it first appears!? Hahaha...

PS, ocurred to me after i posted. but possibly shouold be in the Rules section. Although its likely to get more response here. Your call mods.

·
453 Posts
Dude, that is an awesome find. One of those rules people miss a lot. Well Done!

Edit: Was looking at that page and it says they can't have it if they are not normally allowed. A Vampire IS allowed when he uses the power. Having Ref'd a few tournaments and been to GTs a Ref will read this rule literally meaning that because they technically can get Mundane armour they are allowed to take Magic Armour, and they don't have to be wearing it in the first place.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh quite true. Ahh well... :( Though i am quite surprised they have no mundane options in their unit entry to be honest.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not only do they have the option of buying normal armour (only not in the way most others do), it also says specifically in the magic section that all vampires may wear magic armour.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not only do they have the option of buying normal armour (only not in the way most others do), it also says specifically in the magic section that all vampires may wear magic armour.
Yes, i did see this bit. But it also states there that the Magic armour replaces any properties of the mundane they have, which to me suggested that they MUST have the mundane armour first. Hence the initial trail of though, that the only way to take magic Armour was to also take the Mundane. I didnbt really consider the Vampire powers as being a normal unit entry option though, as Von indirectly pointed out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
To me that stipulation only suggests that any normal armour would be replaced, not that you need something to replace in the first place.

But I see your point now.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
so, for those of us who won't get the book til it comes out, you have to get the vamp power that allows you wear armor, before selecting armor (whether mundane or magical), right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.