Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in the armylist section and a fellow member(who will remain nameless) posted that the general opinion is that a vampire cant take any armour (mundane or magical)with out avatar of death or dread knight. This got me woundering about weather or not ive missed something in the book or if this is true because i've had a quick skim and all the SPs dont have eather of these rules and are wearing Magical armour most of the time. I've also looked at the Magical armour section in the AB and it says all vampires can take Magical armour and it replaces any take with eather of the fore mentioned powers. now am i wrong is the unamed member wrong coz im alittle confused.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
It was me ;)

Well in the BRB it says:

*digs out BRB*

"A character that is not allowed to wear ordinary armour cannot be given magic armour/helms (unless differently specified in the army book)."

In the profile, a vampire may not select Mundane Armour.

Now, the argument i would put up as devils advocate is that they CAN wear ordinary armour, just its a bloodline power. So its a little hazy.

What is the general Consensus?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The general consensus is that GW made codex with most mistakes and holes in rules ever, so I have no opinion on questions like this until they release very long faq

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its alright its been sorted now i found this in the Vampire Rulebook

"All Vampires may be given magical armour. This replaces any similar items they possess through having Avatar of Death or Dread Knight."

So infact you dont need that power to use magical armour.

Problem solved

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oppsey your right should have done thanks for pointing that it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts