Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
besides the GW store, i would assume most craft stores and hardware stores have something like spray on varnish. Make sure you get what you want regarding matte and gloss.

(also it would help to know what area your from since i doubt home depo has many european locations... Though, you never know)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I could be mistaken but I think you can't order spray cans, because their forbidden to transport by airplane, I don't know if that counts for ships and stuff, and I don't know how GW transports their orders to foreign countries but this is what I think I've read somewhere.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Look in model shops, model railroad stores, art stores (you can use the spray finishes used by artists to protect paintings) and hardware stores (any clear spray finish will work). Test out any new products to see how heavy they spray. I often get matt spray finishes in a local toy store that has a model section.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There may be some restrictions on some spraypaints in norway due to CFC's, but i don't see what the difference would be in the U.S....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I live in norway too...

I talked to a lokal store, they told me that they coulden't order goods that are rated as DGR, dangerous goods.
Since they get their orders via airfreight they have to order their stuff from a GW warehouse in sweden.
The best for you is to order it from Avalon...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unfortunately it's nothing to do with handling, but pressure.. the aerosol can will combust at the altitude the plane flies at. That's why you can't airmail it. Contact GW UK and get them to send it ground, it takes longer, but you'll get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.