Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on fielding 6 Veteran Squads, I really want each squad to have their own Vendetta as a transport. But as I understand the rules if vehicles are in a squadron they must fly in cohesion. So my question is,

1) Am I reading the rule correctly?
2)Can I make this a viable option?
3) Can I have each squad in their own Vendetta Fly independently around the board?

·
This is for the haters...
1,308 Posts
They are a squadron, they must say in 4" coherency of each other, they can not separate (unless one is immobilized)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Unless your using a larger board, it shouldnt be TOO much of an issue. 6 vendettas take up a fair amount of space.

Is this for over 2k and are you using any other fast options? If yes for the 1st and no for the 2nd, you could use 6 individual vendettas. Also can do that way for apoc games.

·
4,967 Posts
6 vet units with meltas or plasmas in vendettas plus a cheap HQ is about 1850 points so it can be done but there are problems.

Assuming you are an 1850 army size you take 3 pairs of vendettas and they run around in squadrons but being flyers they must be in reserve. As you can only have half your units (that arent flyers) in reserve you would need 3 vet squads to be deployed on the table. If those all got shot before your reserves arrive you are in trouble as you loose the game.

In a 2000 point list you could of course take 6 individual vendettas but a second HQ would be needed and if the vets are in the flyers you still face the same problem.

Remember you can use a CCS instead of 10 vets as they count as the compulsory HQ and are still BS4 with plenty of special weapons and of course can use orders to hunt tanks and MCs.

Taking Elysians from IA vol3 can be fun, the vets are 10 points more but they can have 3 vendettas as fast slots and then valyyries as dedicated transports. The army also has a special rule too bring in some reserves on turn one a bit like drop pods or the old daemon codex.

Assuming an 1850 codex IG list I would go for 3-4 vendettas, some vets and a CCS in chimeras then add a cheap platoon with PCS +2SWS travelling in the vendettas and the squads and HWS on foot in cover holding your home objectives. add in an astropath to bring in the airforce reliably ans you are good to go. This way the flyers and passengers are still powerful but with relatively cheap pasengers you arent grossly outnumbered on turns 1&2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts