Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do you think is better for heavy support, a Predator Annihilator or a Venerable Dreadnought (twin lascannons and missiles). Im asking cause i have an Annihilator for my BT's and im thinking of getting a Venerable Dread as well.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm pretty sure he knows that...
Anyway, your choice depends on what kind of tacktic you play...
Ofcourse the dreadnought may move up to full movment and still get to fire 2 weapons, then again the predator may move up to the double length... but then again only fire one weapon...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
woops, sorry for the confusion, I got the names for the dreads mixxed up, I just mean twin linked lascannons and missile launcher, forget the Venerable mumbo jumbo.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
If you go for firepower, the Annihilator is definately the better choice: both have a twin lascannon, but where the dread has a single missile launcher the pred has 2 lascannons. Predators also have better front armour. But remember: preds are heavy, dreads elites.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I think I will get a dreadnought, Im still not sure what weapons to put on it, probably lascannons and missiles cause I need a little more tank killing power for my BT's. I don't like taking terminators and BT's don't really use them, too slow, so ill get a dread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i can understand why you want a dread but what is this about not liking termis.

ME dont understand :blink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a squad of terminators and I use them sometimes but I like to get my troops in and out quickly, I guess I could get a new land raider and load it with assault termies.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you want to make it better at tank killing then give it a multi-melta. You'd have to do a conversion unless you can find one in mail order but it shouldn't be that hard. Otherwise you can take off the missile launchers and put on a powerfist and smoke launchers. I know this probably sounds stupid, but if you play careful and use terrain wisely then you can easily get close enough to a tank to use it. I took a Land Raider out with this configuration and I've used it in several games. I haven't lost the Dread yet!

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Actually, Forgeworld have a multi-melta option for the plastic chaos dreads.

All it would require is a little conversion work. Well, alright, quite a bit of conversion unless you want to keep the fanged jaws around the melta barrels.But otherwise, minimum of fuss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.