Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Daemonette
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 of my tyranid warriors are equipment with Scything Talons with venom sacs bat also with Deathspitter is this good combination???

tnx in advance!

·
Registered
45 Posts
pretty good. they have a sweet gun. and they get that extra acttack in cc. but what is the pt cost of them? :a

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think its a good combo. A deathspitter with a str. of 6 blast 5 ap is a good troop killer. With 5 str it can do some damage in close combat. If i where you i would put Extended Carapace so you dont get shot down with 5 ap weps.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think its a good combo. A deathspitter with a str. of 6 blast 5 ap is a good troop killer. With 5 str it can do some damage in close combat. If i where you i would put Extended Carapace so you dont get shot down with 5 ap weps. For 3 pts a model its worth it. 22 pt base model + 10 for deathspitter + 2 for Talons. 34 pts a model unless you count EC it would be 37 pts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
scything talons are great because they are cheap. but im not sure fo teh death spitter its only 1 attack sure you get a bit longer range but i have seen spinefists do so mean damage up close. its a prefferance thing. i dont find that the samll template does anything, every now and then i will get two troop with it but not often.

but use what works for you. i mena my raveners are rending claws adn a devourer, most people dont like this combo but its worked damn sweet for me.

XG

·
Registered
515 Posts
you dont want to over do a models biomorphs, because when it dies you would lose 1-2-3 biomorphs and the pts of those biomorphs whereas if you had 1 or 2 biomorphs when that model dies then those pts spent on biomorphs would still be in use on another model, thus far i havent used any exept extended carapace, because i havent decided on the army theme.

How do you make devourer and rending claws looks good on a ravener, i tryed and they looked awful..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Definitely get a ranged weapon. My Warriors (Icespiders) can be found Here. Basically, I take Deathspitters with Toxin Sacs and Rending Claws.

My point is basically that my Warriors are versitile. They can be used against vehicles in close combat, beat up space marines, and shoot troops en masse. Remember with BS 3 the weapon is just something for them to do before you charge.

As far as giving them scything talons AND rending claws - at that point, you have a Ravener who doesnt move as fast and loses 1 attack - whats the point?

·
Registered
163 Posts
5 warriors leaping all scything talons 3 rending claws and iether 2 VC (weapon beast one) or 2 lashwhips will tear a hole in pretty well anything. i normally wont use the 2 cannons beacasue i hate paying for the damn BS upgrade. but ya tehy are cheaper (not by too much) then a ravener. besides you want to make your hand to hand guys your warriors and then load the raveners with rending calws for there 3 attacks and cevourers for 6 shots..... jus tthe sheer numbers of shots pay off against every thing but SM.

XG

·
Registered
379 Posts
Id rather have the 4 attack rending claws 9" move 9" assault. For me, ranged weapons on nids is only soemthing to do while you are getting ready to charge. You dont ever want to be within assault range and not charging imo. The more of your models in close combat the better.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
With six devourer shots a ravener will hit three times, wound 1.5 guardsmen, and kill one of them (poor AP). One puny guardsman. For this you lose the charge bonus attack and one attack in all subsequent rounds of close combat. With the two attacks that you lose in the first round of close combat you could kill 2*(1/2)*(2/3)*(2/3)+(2/6)=0.77 guardsmen. If the close combat lasts longer than ONE assault phase, then this turns out disadvantageous for you.

jwu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.