Predator-130
-Auto cannon turret
-Lascannon side sponsors

Predator-115
-Auto cannon turret
-Heavy bolter side sponsors
-Havoc Launcher

Total=1470

So what do you spend about 500 points on? I really can't find something that fits well.... I was hoping the chaos community could help me out.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
I would definately increase the troop count. If you're concerned with it being plain, consider a rhino squad of 10 Plague Marines. Should come out to around 335 points, leaving you with 195.

With that you could add a group of deepstriking terminators, or a small group of bikers or raptors.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Hmmm. On further thought, what about a squad of terminators with a landraider as a dedicated transport? The LR would increase your vehicle count, soak up a lot of firepower. The terminators, kitted with powerfists and combi-weapons could take on your opponent's tough units.

And you could probably have enough points left to throw in a dreadnought, for even more armor.

·
609 Posts
I'd personally go with a like, 12 man raptor squad with MoN or MoK to fly aroudn with your DP, and then spend the rest of the points on a couple Karmoon specials (150 pt 4 man termie squad of doom) or what have you.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I'd personally go with a like, 12 man raptor squad with MoN or MoK to fly aroudn with your DP, and then spend the rest of the points on a couple Karmoon specials (150 pt 4 man termie squad of doom) or what have you.
Echoed. For one thing, you need a unit of raptors for hiding your sorcerer in, or else he'll get instant killed by a las cannon or the likes.

OPTION #1:

Raptor Squad- 270
*8x raptors with IoK
**2x melta guns
**1x a.c. with power fist

x10 Chaos Space Marines-255
-IoCG
-x2 Meltaguns
-x1 Aspiring Champion /w Powerfist

-Rhino

OPTION #2:

Raptor Squad- 290
*9x raptors with IoK
**2x melta guns
(big squad for raptors, but at the 2000 point mark, coupled with the fact that they'll be the obvious target for infantry killing weapons (pending the 'disembarkment' of your marines), they can stand to be a little larger than normal

Chaos Terminator Squad- 235
*6x termis with Glory Icon
**5x with combi-plasmas
**1x with heavy flamer & power fist

OPTION #3:

Raptor Squad- 230
*8x raptors with Glory Icon
**2x melta guns

Chaos Terminator Squad- 150
*4x termis
**3x with combi-plasmas

Chaos Terminator Squad- 150
*4x termis
**3x with combi-plasmas

Of all these options, #2 really seems to be a good fit, as Khorne raptors are brutal, and the termis are a nasty shock tactic.

I run a very similar build at the 2000 point mark, except without the prince, though, he's a fine option as well.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Thanks a lot guys.

Rabbit: What do you use instead of the prince? And, how come you don't use a prince?
In my most competitive build, I use your lash sorcerer. For my army, the utility is just too important. It's my experience that having two HQs in anything less than 2000 points greatly reduces your basic bolter fire, at which point, swarms become a serious problem. If I run two hqs, then it's either two lash sorcerer or two of your prince configurations. Actually, on that note, my other competitive build incorporates two of these beasts, along with a couple of defilers, las-sponson predator, three fully stocked rhinos, and 2-3 dreads. Obviously, it's a cheesy high priority list. The princes nearly always make it into c.c. with very little damage, as my opponents tend to focus on the defilers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That makes a lot of sense. So, how about this?

Chaos Sorcerer-145
-MoS
-Lash of Submission
-Wings

x4 Chaos Terminators-160
-IoCG
-x3 Combi plasma
-x1 Heavy flamer + Powerfist

-IoCG
-x2 Meltaguns

-Rhino

-IoCG
-x2 Meltaguns

-Rhino

-IoCG
-x2 Meltaguns

-Rhino

-IoCG
-x2 Meltaguns

-Rhino

x9 Chaos Raptors-290
-IoK
-2x melta guns
1x Aspiring Champion /w Powerfist

Predator-130
-Auto cannon turret
-Lascannon side sponsors

Predator-130
-Auto cannon turret
-Lascannon side sponsors

Predator-115
-Auto cannon turret
-Heavy bolter side sponsors
-Havoc Launcher

Total=1990

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wo0o0o0

Ok, I just have a few questions....

1) The terminator set up,is it effective? It feels a little small...

2) Would it be a good idea to switch the sorcerer for a daemon prince with the same set up?

3) Would I be better off switching the IoK on the raptors to an IoS?

Thanks for baring with me.

·
609 Posts
wo0o0o0

Ok, I just have a few questions....

1) The terminator set up,is it effective? It feels a little small...

2) Would it be a good idea to switch the sorcerer for a daemon prince with the same set up?

3) Would I be better off switching the IoK on the raptors to an IoS?

Thanks for baring with me.
1) Yes, this is a wonderful set up for Termies. I've been using it for a month, and the worst it has done is 'eh, decent'. And with anything in this game to score a 'eh decent' as it's worst is amazing.

2) That'd work just fine, with other targets for the high str/ap weapons, he should still be cool to rock.

3) I'd keep IoK, but IoS is okay too if you plan to face space marines. The problem with going with IoS is that it means you beat space marines (new) and everything you already beat, you still beat, and now you tie Eldar and their shadowy kin. Where as with IoK... you just smash their face till there isn't any left to smash. (What I'm trying to say is that, against guard, tau, orks, necrons, etc, IoS is useless, it's mostly there to kill Marines first, but IoK is a killer all the time. Well, unless some howling banshees rip you to shreds, that's when you think about the MoN....)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.