Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm Back!
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to create a fluffy yet conpositionally sound army. It needs to adhere by certain rules and at the same time fulfill several tactical roles. It needs to be reselient, and be able to pack a punch at close quarters or at range.

the fluff rules are as follows:

Fluff rules I must abide by:
All units must have mark of nurgle, or else cannot be used
No raptors or bikes
Max 5 rhinos
All units must number 7 if possible
No predators because I think they are stupid

a note on the havoc luanchers: when i made this list i was faced with the delema of long range. besides the daemon prince and the chosen are the only real long range i could get, considering obliterators and similar units were unavailable to me(due to fluff). therefore, i included havoc luanchers on all the vehicals. i think it is a very good weapon, effective. its a tad expensive, but here is how i intend to use them. I will march the death guard up on foot next to thier rhinos 1st turn. i will do this so they dont start in the rhinos, ensuring they wont be rolling coffins. then i will move 6" up first turn and fire the havoc launchers; a total of 14 small blast templates. or if tactically better for certain squads i will jump in the rhino and speed up. the same aplies for the vindicators. they can advance slowly firing the launcher and then use the more devestating ordinace when it is close enough.

2500pts

Daemon prince = 160pts
Doom bolt
Mark of nurgle
Wings

7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons

7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher

·
Registered
87 Posts
7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons

7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons
why Las-Cannons on the chosen this really dosnt seem like a sound choice if your planning to infiltrate them id go with meltaguns or even plasma guns if this is your plan other wise the las cannon is a complete waste as they arnt going to acompish very much with 1 las-cannon in each squad.

·
Registered
154 Posts
7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons

7 chosen = 201pts
Mark of nurgle
Laser cannons
Basically what franki said. Lascannons are probably not your best bet. They are meant for CC and you will have to choose to either move or shoot, just not very ideal. If your going for a pure nurgle fluff army, lascannons just arent it. They are not known to have a whole lot of heavy weapons. Their weapon of choice is the plasma gun and the occasional melta. Now if you want a really fluffy nurgle army, terminators are the way to go. I'd say drop a chosen squad and a vindicator or two (ill explain later) and pick up a 7 (since you want the sacred number) man termies squad, give them some PFs and combi plasmas. Though to make them effective i would put a personal icon on your squad of chosen for them to DS on.

7-death guard = 291pts
AC w/ power fist
2-x melt
Rhino
Extra armor
Havoc launcher
Personal icon

x5
Awsome, you have a good core of tough as nails troops. But if your not going to run them up in the Rhino, then drop the rhinos. I know you want the havoc launcher, but thats a big point sink for a pop shot. Plus, again, nurgle just don't really do tanks IMO. your troops are tough enough to march up the field on thier own with alittle screening from 1 maybe 2 DPs. I would take those saved points and put another DP with wings out there. Oh and again, you might find more use putting plasma guns on these guys, but thats just me. Meltas i think are really only effective on fast attack. a infantry squad is easily avoided by vehicles.

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher

Vindicator = 160pts
Daemonic possession
Havoc launcher
Again, IMO nurgle don't really use tanks, but you do have to be effective aswell. So maybe keep a vindicator in there, use the other points to get another DP, terminators, and if i really needed heavy weaponry for my nurgle army, i'd go with a dreadnought or a havoc squad, something along those lines.

Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts