Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been on the roll last 2 weeks: One Destroyer, 6 DCAs, and one Inquisitor :party2:

Yes, I know - did not perhaps "show" that he is still an Inquisitor... No clue on how to accomplish that short of some uber freehand on the cloak that I am not capable of at this stage of my “painting development” I am afraid. Some of the harsher highlights have been toned down on his green cloak – those show only after you take a picture of them and see them from a different “perspective”. The staff and face are also shaded - this does not show well in my picture here...

Anyhow, here he is – still not coated in case some good ideas would pop up here - My radical Inquisitor with his pack of Death Cult Assassins...

PS. I think that I am ready for those "family" photos of my whole army - unless I do decide to paint my Living Saint - the Unicorn of every WH painter... ugh

:|

PS. Wonder what would Karamazov do to him ;?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I like it. Nice work ;Y

To show that your person is an inquisitor, maybe you could try making some kind of stencil for the designs?

I have to say though, he kind of reminds me of palpatine - evil, strange pale guy in a hooded robe :p

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Love the colours mate! Very nice combination and your painting is great as well. :)

Highlights on the Inquisitors green cloak look a little bit sharp though.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DCAs count as DCAs... I just need the moody Inquisitor to "authorize" their use based on the codex restriction, so they go into an army together. Plus, I needed a guy that would be willing to take Daemon Hosts as well. And he is not armed with anything specific to symbolize his reliance on psychic powers.

Green highlights - yes, indeed those were already fixed somewhat. Some of the blue ones are also overdone, but when on the table, they look OK due to the distance being… oh several times what you get when taking pictures. When going over some of my older models I notice how I switched from nice, smooth transitions to harsher ones that do not disappear when coated and the figure is actually played. I guess that was my way of switching from "display mode" to "tabletop mode" of painting...

Palpatine - this was my idea exactly, but I was not able to find any model closer to him that the one I used above, of course after cutting his horns off. The staff was not really needed either, but cutting that away would be harder to accomplish (given model's pose).

THX

·
running
1,274 Posts
All of the models look very good. My only suggestion is to try and make the bases a bit more similar. Right now the assassins look like one army and the Inquisitor looks like another one (this is because the assassins are blue on a black base, and the Inquisitor is green on a yellow/brown base). The only unifying color between them is the gold-ish detail work, and alone I don't think it is strong enough to tie the models together. Overall though, a really good job.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good point, I did not think of that. I recycled the base from my SOB part of the WH army. It is resin, so I am not sure about how to strip and repaint it - automotive paint stripper that I use might damage it perhaps? Model is not glued in, so I might give it a try today... Worst case scenario I will just build a new base for him.

THX

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
Try out Simple Green. Its pretty effective for paint-stripping.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I saw these guys the other night and didn't get a chance to comment. For the most part I really like these guys. The assassins look great and fit nicely with the rest of your army. I like the base for the inquisitor and it will be nice when it is painted to match the rest of your army.

The only thing I would have changed or recommended would be to get rid of the tentacles hand holding the book and replace it with the cannoness hand holding the book. I don't know if you covered up the tentacles or face on the back of the figure but I would have done that as well. This way it would have kept the radical feel without looking too chaosy... ;)

Otherwise very nice! I wish I had your dedication to paint all my crap up... Going on 5 years painting 40k stuff and all I have to show is two very partial armies... :( HA!

Cheers,

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.