Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need to come up with some good fluff and a good name for a vestroyan army i am gonna build and i will be very thankfull for any suggestions

cheers: shaper

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
  • The Petrograd 65th
  • 23rd Karollian Rifles
  • 4rd NKVD Regiment

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Vostrian regiments are, as with most regiments, numberd, eg:
17th Vostrian
21st Vostrian etc

Armies are made from multiple regiments, very commonly from different homeworlds, aremies use a number system to, eg:
4789th Army
(Fluff sourceumperial armour)
(note armies are made up of corps, which in turn have a number of regiments in them)

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
The names Cheredanine proposed are nice but not so fluffy for Vostroyans... it is more for Cadians and other regimental forces...

Zemaphore proposals are nice and fluffy for Vostroyans... you can base a name on any proposal...

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
My names are all soviet ww2 inspired, you could take army names from russian tsarist times too :)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
My names are all soviet ww2 inspired, you could take army names from russian tsarist times too :)
no? really? NKVD? ;)

the subscript on regiment names is more I thin kwhat you are after, eg:

17th Vostrians, Widow makers

fluff wise, this is by no means limited to Cadians, in fact it is almost universal, many examples litter IA1, but outside of that:

8th Necromundian, spiders
1st Taniths, Fist and only

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
vestroyan
Cheredanine said:
VOSTROYAN! VOSTROYAN!

Sorry, did I get overly worked up there?

Going for a WW2 soviet feel, "Brigade" is the key word rather than "regiment".

i.e.

73rd Vostroyan Rifle Brigade

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
wow thx guys i didnt expect so many replies i like th idea about naming out of a planet and the whole numer of the regiment the thing is what planet? and what number? hmmmmm...??
C'mon mate, a little initiative goes a long way ;) Take a russian word, city or concept and think of a number with this, perhaps the last 2 digits of your birthyear.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Start writing first for the world. It's climate and population, wars it has endured and all it's history. Make sure the climate fits with the color scheme. Example: if it is an ice world and you have paint them green they will be clearly visible from space unless that's the purpose!

Then write how the regiment was created, by whom and why. Then concentrate on the main characters of the army, dead or living... be careful though. Don't go a long way here as in the end you will be writing fluff even for the last Guardsman!

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Volkov, Igor, Damianof...

Actually remember the basic rule. They have the names and the surnames are not actually surnames but the name of the father... So I would be Haralambos Dimitrof! 8Y

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Volkov, Igor, Damianof...

Actually remember the basic rule. They have the names and the surnames are not actually surnames but the name of the father... So I would be Haralambos Dimitrof! 8Y
and remember: Russian surnames usually end with -ov (-ova for female); -ev (-eva); -in (-ina); -skiy (-skaya). Ukrainian surnames generally end with -enko, -ko, -uk, and -ych (these endings do not change based on gender). The ending -iy (-ya) is common in both Russia and Ukraine.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
and remember: Russian surnames usually end with -ov (-ova for female); -ev (-eva); -in (-ina); -skiy (-skaya). Ukrainian surnames generally end with -enko, -ko, -uk, and -ych (these endings do not change based on gender). The ending -iy (-ya) is common in both Russia and Ukraine.
Right... right... thanks for completing Zema! So I would be Dimitrov! I think you forgot -ievich...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts