Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be better to load out a vet sarg with a bolt pistol/pwr fist or swap out the bolt pistol for a storm bolter. After all you only normally get two turns of close combat out of a tac squad. There for the total extra attacks with bp/pf is only 2 extra attacks. However the storm bolter is putting rounds on target from round 1. Of course this is postulating a standard game and table. Can anybody do the percentages on this.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Most would go for the BP as when that powerfist gets to CC every attack counts. However if you want the squad to remain static and hidden then i suppose the SB could have its uses.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thats a tough call. Really both are good, I would rather have the extra powerfist attack though.
If you want to get shooting in just let the other guy charge you and rapid fir on him first. you should have 8 Bolters and a melta gun in that type of squad so one storm bolter wont make a huge difrence, but one powerfist attack might if you are facing a large model.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Id say go with the bolt pistol and powerfist and dont worry about the storm bolter.The extra powerfist attack is far better than a extra shot or two.You will do more damge with the powerfist thanan extra one or two shots.
Plus its cheaper.Go the pistol!

Cheers,
Tycho

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, It basically depend on who or what(?) your charging or shooting, in general I would have the PF because it is overall better and will do you better against multi wound models or vehicles. While the storm bolter may have trouble taking out just one marine.

HPA

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, that about tear's it. Guess I'll be doing the boltpistol/PF route. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts