Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!
I love the SM veteran models and want to use them as my regular bolter-toting troopers. Do you think there would be any problem with fielding these guys with a bolter and CCW? The CCW wouldn't give them an extra attack anyway so other than looking cooler than the normal marine, this would have no effect on the game itself. Will folks (and tourneys) give me grief over this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well, personally I wouldn't mind. I would just say "Nice models!" :)
I don't think anyone else would mind either as long as you tell them before the battle starts.

HPA

·
Registered
655 Posts
Make sure you keep substitutions simple. If all of your marines are carrying bolters, then it's easy enough to ignore the BP & CCW models. However if your veteran sergeants have a BP & CCW mix, plus you have a squad of marines that are equipped with BP & CCW, it could be confusing remembering which is which.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely! I was planning to remove all the BPs and model them all with regular bolters for just that reason. These guys would all have the correct weapon, they'd just have an extra CCW on them.

·
The Voice of Reason
756 Posts
That seems excessively expensive, but it's your army. Perhaps a simpler (and cheaper) way to do that would be to use the tactical squad box, and apply greenstuff for the robes, seals, etc. If you search the forum, you'll find some threads with links on how-to articles for making robes.

It also will save you from all the converting and the WYSIWYG nazis out there.

·
Registered
655 Posts
RJ makes a good point. The BT sprues have a lot of fanciness going on, if you just want some robes and what not as well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bob Dole said:
RJ makes a good point. The BT sprues have a lot of fanciness going on, if you just want some robes and what not as well.
Move quick on the BT crsuader squad boxes as they are being discontinued. I like your idea though, sound like it will look cool. You could also say that the bolter is for shooting and the chainsword is for cc. It always seemed odd that SMs would use the holy bolter that they cherish so much as a club in cc.

As Bob Dole said, make sure your opponent knows that your men aren't using True Grit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts