Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use a squad of Vets. in my army and give them jump packs. I make my army list using the armies of the imperium program. They give you a choice to give them all term honors and wouldnt that let me give them jump packs? I wanted them to accompany my chappy and i want them to have packs is it legal to give them packs? Or is the program messed up? please help

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
DerkaDerka said:
I want to use a squad of Vets. in my army and give them jump packs. I make my army list using the armies of the imperium program. They give you a choice to give them all term honors and wouldnt that let me give them jump packs? I wanted them to accompany my chappy and i want them to have packs is it legal to give them packs? Or is the program messed up? please help
Only the Sergeant, when given Terminator Honours, may select items from the Armoury.

No other model in the squad may do so, so it is not legal to give them Jump Packs.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Banned
771 Posts
It looks legal, but good god, man, the points!

Each jump pack alone would cost more than a single assault marine.

Seriously. Neat idea, probably legal, but utterly not worth it.

Edit: actually, I misread. Nemesis is correct in that giving Terminator honours to guys other than the sargent doesn't grant them access to the armoury. Probably for the best, too...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
See the problem here is your using a program. Shame on you. Those things screw up more often the a 2 dollar hore.

Answer to your question: NO

The veterans can be given terminator honours, but, terminator honours themselves doesnt allow access to the armory. If you were using the codex, youd see this plainly. In each entry where a vet sergeant is available you will notice that it says in the entry that he may be given access to the armory by buying terminator honours. The vet squad enbtry does say this, but only in regards to the veteran sergeant. So, the rest could still have termie honours, but only the vet sergeant has access to the armory.

In any case, it wasnt a great idea as it was. That squad would easilly be in excess of 500 points and thats just a plain bad idea.

Use an assualt squad, they work marvelously and for their points, are quite worth it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont kno if you already kno but if u play ba u can get them at 28 pts per model with choice of two assualt weapons, but thats prob if u only wanna change armies oh and jump packs free

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Yes - bloodangels (and their succesor chapters) has got veteran assult marines, theise are sweet. And Honour guard which is even better....buit they cost too much points!

And NO! You can - as nemesis said - just give additional equipment to the veteran searge. Not to all sm with Termie-honours!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts