Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was a bit sceptical about using Veteran Marines, seeing as it's a huge pointage. But, I tried it against Chaos (yes madness) and I was shocked....

I gave them a tactical squad as cannon fodder/meat shield. Anything that charged me attacked the tactical squad first, then I could charge. Any shooting took wounds on the tactical squad. Any wounds taken in CC was taken on the tactical squad.

So, with 156 (+flamer) for the tactical squad, and 292 points (Squad of 10 with Vet Sgt and Term Honours) for the Vet squad, I had a very VERY kickass attack force for 448 points. 4 attacks for charging gave me a scary 40 attacks when I got all my guys in combat. I killed a Khorne Bezerker squad in 2 turns! In Close Combat! (Plus the extra attacks you get for the tactical squad, but they were really just there to be killed.)

I know you may kinda back away from the idea, but seriously, try it. You might just like it.

Been a while since my Chaos friend has been trying to avoid me in close combat :D

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I totally agree..

Veteran Squads are VERY underrated... I have two Vet Squads in my army. One is armed with CC weapons and bolt pistols and the other with standard Tac Squad armament (bolters + flamer + ML) and both have proved themselves on the battlefield.

So I couldn't agree more.. Veteran Squads ROCK!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Veteran squads are totally underated and next time I play I'll use your tactic and see if it works for me.

<TABLE BORDER=0><TR><TD>
I am Mr Do.

I am sedentary by nature, enjoying passive entertainment, eating when the mood takes me, and playing with my food. I try to avoid conflict, but when I'm angered, I can be a devil - if you force me to fight, I will crush you. With apples. What Video Game Character Are You?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
they're great though sadly i cant use them, dark angels and space wolves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.