Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am making a 750-1000pt force for a doubles tournament and was trying to come up with a fun and exiting character for my force (which will most likely consist of, marauders, Chaos warriors and war hounds) and I came up with the following.

Sorcerer:
lvl2,MoS,spell familiar,enchanted shield,powerstone, 3rd eye, steed of Slaanesh 225pts

Being mounted and having an enchanted shield means he has a 1+ AS vs shooting and a 0+ AS vs melee, which I thought would be adequate protection.

The spell familiar is so he will have a larger selection of Slaanesh spells making him more flexible when it comes to manipulating the opponent.

3rd eye means that if hes fighting ItP armies he can hopefully still get access to some useful magic via their wizards, not to mention it's a great trump card.

The powerstone, is there for several reasons: it means if he gets ecstatic seizures he can still cast it at least once reliably. Its handy if he really need to get a particular movement spell off at a crucial point in the game. And last but not least if he "borrows" a powerful spell from my opponent it means he can cast it.

The Steed gives him the ability to cast spells in 360degrees, incredebly fast movement and more importantly if he gets Aura of Acquiescence he can cause terror.

Thanks to the MoS he is immune to fear, terror and panic, which is always handy.

However he is a bit expensive.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a quickie: You don't get the parry bonus while mounted, so it's Chaos Armor (4+), Mounted (4+->3+) and Enchanted Shield (3+->1+) for a 1+ all the time.
Yeah sorry missed that one, thanks!

I don't see why Slaanesh is a terrible law for a lvl 2 with 3 dice you have a chance of casting:
7+ 90.6% chance
8+ 83.8% chance
9+ 74.1% chance
12+37.5% chance <- (hence the usefulness of power stones)

Which is fine, with Slaanesh the plan isn't to get several spells of just one important one. As for dispelling its a doubles tournament and my ally will be running a dark elf sorcerer, and we will have a few bound items, so there won't be any problem drawing out dispel dice.

The spell familiar in this case is not to give me more spells to cast per turn, but instead more choice, eg: more chance of getting "Hysterical frenzy" or "titillating delusion".

Third eye I agree isn't great on other sorcerers but on a slaanesh one I tend to find it useful seeing as the armies that are ItP are Vampires and daemons both have a strong magic phase, and both have offensive magic I can steal, which means the sorcerer will still be useful!

My main concern is is the steed of slaanesh worth it, or is he better off being in a block of infantry, the main advantage to the steed of slaanesh is terror bombing, mobility and 360 view.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As per the Warriors of Chaos Errata/FAQ, page 2,

"Q. Can a Sorcerer on a Steed of Slaanesh cast
magic missiles with 360 arc of sight, as the
Steed itself has the Fast Cavalry rule?
A. Yes, that seems fine (and rather spectacular
too!)."

Also in my experience slaanesh can be good for a level 2, BUT, nurgle is usually better because it has more direct damage spells, and you're bound to see plenty of Daemons/TK/VC in tournaments, especially at low points values like this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its a local tournament so the list won't be too beardy (hopefully). I normally run nurgle sorcerers, but buboes sniping gets boring after a while, so I wanted something different. So let me rephrase my post, if you were to run a lvl 2 Slaanesh sorcerer how would you equip him?

I was hoping that 3rd eye of Tzeentch would mitigate my weakness against daemons and vampires. Vampires tend to have a lot of wizards a few of them are bound to roll offensive spells that I can use. As for daemons they tend to be wizard heavy (at least the ones in my area). My main concern is the mount, seeing as a 200-225pts sorcerer is an expensive model, would running him on foot in a unit make him more survivable? That being said if he is mounted he can avoid challenges. The only real gain from the mount is Terror bombing, which might/might not be worth it. Would you equip him differently?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Duhh... that's me being stupid, forgot you couldn't single the character out of an infantry unit even if he is mounted!(you can tell I'm a skaven player). Hmmm.... well that means there's no reason not to take the steed.

The steed does cause fear but combined with the spell "aura of aquiesence" it increases to Terror!! :p

Is there anything anyone would change in the magic item load out?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am a fan of giving 1 sorc (any lore) a Bloodskull Pendant. Since all of our characters have to challenge this can be a painful surprise when a caster autohits with a S8 killing blow shot. If no challenge is available, then you're able to hit 2-3 targets with it.

I usually put him in a small unit of warriors with shields (12-15 depending on max points) on foot of course.

This will save you some points in a low point battle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.