wats ur opinion

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
its good unless your playing a shooty army

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got mauled last night against a Chaos army...

We played on a 4ft x 4ft board, with loads of terrain....and Night Fight rules (all randomly rolled)

He was totally CC, no missle launchers or lascannons....what I'd have given for a Vindicator right then!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I once had someone run not one, but TWO Vindicators at my CC Marine force. I didn't even have to blow them up to neutralize them.

First, Deployment: I deployed everything so that he had to squeeze a good amount of his force through a narrow gap in the mountainous terrain. This kept his Vindicators out of range while my Terminators and Airborne (Assault Troops) hammered his lines up close.

Second, Movement: I was a bonehead and didn't have enough anti-tank weaponry in my list, so I kept most of the troops about, oh, I'd say 26" or so away as much as I could. Even though he was leapfrogging those S10 bad boys, he couldn't catch up. The real winning strategy, though, was using my Rhinos like a moving wall to block his LOS. He blew the hell out of 'em finally, but better them than my troops. If you're playing against Vindicators, either sacrifice a squad to keep it away from another that is more vital to you, or play a mobility game and make your enemy scream as they realize they've paid for a blast template that they ain't gonna get to drop.

Analysis: Vindicators, most of the time, so impressively freak out every 40k player you'll ever face that they'll do everything in their power to stop them. If you know how to use this fear to your advantage, then you're the kind of commander who deserves one on their list.

Me, I'd rather drop a few Whirlwinds behind a ridge and have them hurl artillery the whole battle than have to watch a Vindicator burn for six turns.

Legio Antares

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I would probably only use them if I was fighting in Cityfight or if I was the defender in a bunker mission, that way they will have to come close and should be in range and hopefully bunched together. Other than that not really.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have a vindicator but have never ONCE fired it in a game. i would suggest taking it though for that sight chance you will be able to use it. Also, everybody always shoots at it first, giving all your other guys an extra turn to do their thing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
drive a rino towards the enemy with nothing in it. That atrackts fire to. But leave the rino empty. Your oponent will be suprised to see there is nothing in it and he waisted his shots at it. + the rino is sheaper than the vindicator. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Range 24 and cant shoot if the tank has moved.. :(

I have fielded it sometimes but have never had any success with them.. Smoke launchers have helped me though.. you might try that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.