Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I play constantly against my mate who rolls with double vindicators in his space marine army and i have been completely destroyed numerous times due to big templates on my entire squads and his ability to never scatter. Please help me! My basic plan to bust them open is using one of 3 things, 1 squad of t6 bikers with a pwr fist, oblits(2) or my land raider with all my guns trained on them. The problem is my bikers get destroyed my oblits and land raider just fail to bust it open! Any advice?

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
Maybe 3*6 Havocs, each with 3 ML that`s about 450pts (or go wild and use lascannons for an extra ~100pts). They know what the vindicators don`t: long range with 9 dice. You can put them in cover too.
Defilers? Even better...

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could use termicide squads. That are 3 man terminator squads with a combi-melta or plasma and deepstrike behind a vehicle and blow it up, after which they probably die, due too mass fire on them. If they survive for another round, happy you. Costing 105 points for a single squad and if they succed in killing a Vindicator worth 125 (destroying the main gun is enough actualy) they where worth it, even if they die.

DP with warptime is great at killing tanks (at least for me). And you could use a 10 man CSM squad with 2 meltaguns in a rhino with combi-melta. I'm not realy sold on Havocs, because they need to stand still the whole time and I hate that. And for the same amount of points you could field 3 defilers or 6 obliterators, which is in my opinion beter. But in the end, it your choose.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
...and his ability to never scatter.
I recommend borrowing his scatter dice when your Oblits roll for their plasma cannon shots. Also, bikes should be very durable against templates thanks to their large footprint and turboboost save. What is the rest of your opponent's list like?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He also uses 2 big squads of stern guard (9 and hq) in each rhino and 2 squads of scouts with a lot of snipers so as i try to get in close and tank pop he can jump out and blow me away, but at the same time with his large amount of snipers on the field I am never really safe due to rending shots.

It is really quite frustrating i feel i should be moving forward but at the same time i need 2 pop his vindicators or else I just get destroyed.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I'd go with a few lascannons. At only av13 u gota 3/1 to pen then 3/1 to pop it open.. so 3-4 lascannons spread across a few squads would be great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Step One: Place defiler on table.

Step Two: Fleet

Step Three: Win

I wouldn't take such a large squad of bikers against it. they get expensive. Lascannons on your land raider or from your oblits are also a good bet. MC's like to chomp on vehicles too and Melta is a fun toy everyone likes to play with.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Chucking a Daemon prince against most vehicles will result in a boom. But with a vindi the chance is a little slimmer. Lascannons are a sure bet. Rhinos with meltas or oblits can work but you might not reach or deepstrike too far.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Hell, even 2 Predators with sponson lascannons should do the trick. With a Land raider yu got some serious lascannon power. Stay back and shoot. Target 1 tank at a time.
Buy new dice. Rediculous advice, but sometimes that works.
Get tattoo of dices, a balace scale or the god Fortuna - anything that pleases the dice gods.

Reactions: hotspike18

·
Registered
256 Posts
I second the termicide idea. Except my unit is around 165 points - four termies, combi melta x3, heavy flamer, chain fist champ.

I developed them while playing many many games against my mechanised space wolf friend (those damn vindicators are so good sometimes I wanna buy em T____T)

If there is only one Vindi nowadays I also send out a spread out thousand sons unit to bait shots away from other units.

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Throw two Vindi's of your own at him! Or wait, I'll do you one better. Throw three Vindicators at him!!! How can you lose!

I am being sarcasting, a termicide squad of 3 Terminators with 3 Combi Melta's should do the trick. Costing only 105 points, and it will get the job done.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Honestly try a new approach with the oblits. DS them to the vindie's side or back armor, but DS them close enough to use regular meltas. Oblits have twinlinked meltas....against armor 10/11 your really should not be running into trouble, and even immobilized results will do on the vindies cause you can then maneover outside is LOS.

Granted, close range DS is riskier but you really should not be running into trouble with these tactcs against something like a vindicator.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah just use predator with full lascannons. vindicators are easy to pop. or you could outflank or infiltrate or rhino a squad of chosen with 5x meltas nothing stands against that at close range.

·
Registered
155 Posts
take a chaos lord with no mark, wings and a daemon weapon
as he always hit the rear you should get between 6-8 attacks if your lucky- all at S5 on armour 10
ps make the best possible use of cover with him

i quite often take a guy like this at around 155 pts as a wild card, he just flies around on his todd and fights whoever i want him to (on his own), occasionally he fails, sometimes he fights like a man possessed and takes on tanks, terminators and 20 odd troops all by himself. :)

Just a thought anyways...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts