fusion blaster (2) 190
List 2

Black Templars

140 Emperor's Champion (warlord)
105 Chaplain, jump pack

190 Ironclad, Hk missile x2, Pod
190 Ironclad, Hk missile x2, Pod
180 Ironclad, heavy flamer x2, Pod

245 Tactical Squad x10, plasma gun, lascannon, Vet Sarge/combimelta, lightning claw, Pod
245 Tactical Squad x10, plasma gun, lascannon, Vet Sarge/combimelta, lightning claw, Pod

125 Storm Talon, TL lascannon, TL assault cannon
125 Storm Talon, TL lascannon, TL assault cannon
210 Assault Squad x10, jump packs, flamer, Vet Sarge/powerfist

2000 points total, 42 infantry, 6 Pods, 2 fliers, 3 Dreadnoughts

Primary plan is standard Pod Assault spearheaded with Ironclads and followed by squadded Tacticals. Champ rides in a late Pod and Chaplain goes with the ASM. Jumpers work better than bikes in the parking lot that's sure to happen, especially if I build a "wall" out of the three Ironclads and their Pods. Secondary plan is keep the Tacticals together in a skirmish line and use their empty Pods to build a funnel into the kill zone. Talons provide fire support and the Crusader rule provides post-Drop mobility and sweeping advance support.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Interesting matchup. In my experience with this type of Tau list, they never really enjoyed a drop pod assault all up in their grill. Because of their ability to drop in close to objectives and their ability to get right up into the Tau quickly, my vote is for List 2 Black Templars.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Black Templars

For a Tau list, it's not really that mobile, which is something you want when facing a drop pod list like this. If it was more Crisis Suit orientated, then it might be different, but the Templars will be able to pin them down and hit them hard, and they don't have the numbers to absorb the casualties. Night Fighting isn't going to have an impact either.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I'd almost have to call this one a tie. The Tau list is super inefficient and has 0 Interceptor, and honestly Tactical Squads have no punch in melee like this. Therefore it mostly comes to the Objective game, and Tau could win that. However, Ironclads are super decent now, and therefore the Markerlight units die, ergo offensive punch is limited and Tacticals could ACTUALLY make it to melee.
Templars, but I'm honestly not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts