Objectives:
Eternal War: Crusade (Rulebook)

Mission:
Set up: Vanguard Strike.

Table:

List 1
Primary list:

Tank Commander:
- Punisher with Pask, Lascannon, Multimelta sponsons and dozer blade (warlord)
- Punisher with Lascannon, Multimelta sponsons and dozer blade

3x Veterans with 2x meltaguns in a chimera
2x Veterans with 2x plasmaguns, grenadiers in a taurox

3x Hellhounds with dozer blade and multimelta (3 distinct units)

Leman Russ Battle Tank with dozer blade
2x Wyvern batteries with 2x Wyverns each

List 2
The 793rd Valhallan are often called The Red Tide by those they serve alongside. Led by Colenel Yuri "The Red" Smirnoffski, an unforgiving and utterly devout warrior, they embody the legendary tenacity of the Ice Warriror and have a reputation of getting the job done, no matter the cost. Spurred on by the fiery prayers of the priests, they march steadfastly into battle, knowing that they do their part and happily surrender their lives for the glory of the Imperium, What cannot be overcome by firepower, is drowned in a tide of blood, ground beneath the standard issue boots of the faithful.

HQ:
Colonel Yuri "The Red" Smirnoffski (Company Commander, Carapace Armour)
Company Command Squad (4 Vets, Officer of the Fleet, Master of Ordnance) - 105 points

TROOPS:
1st Platoon - 700 points

Platoon Command Squad [30 pts]
Infantry Squad 1 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Infantry Squad 2 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Infantry Squad 3 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Infantry Squad 4 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Conscripts (50) + Priest [175 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 1 (3 x Autocannon) [75 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 2 (3 x Autocannon) [75 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 3 (3 x Lascannon) [105 pts]

2nd Platoon - 730 points

Infantry Squad 3 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Infantry Squad 4 (Autocannon) [60 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 1 (3 x Autocannon) [75 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 2 (3 x Lascannon) [105 pts]
Heavy Weapon Squad 3 (3 x Lascannon) [105 pts]

3rd Platoon - 325 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Hydra - 70 pts
Hydra - 70 pts

Total Pts: 2000

Numbers:
150 Conscripts
3 Priests
130 Guardsmen
3 Platoon Commanders
1 Company Commander
9 Lascannons
17 Autocannons
2 Hydras

Tactics:
The three Fearless Conscript squads with Priest (hiding in the back) move towards the midfield, looking to hold/contest objectives and tarpit any nasty units, while screening the heavy guns for as long as possible. As old Yuri The Red often says, "what can't be overcome by firepower will be won through faith and blood".
The Heavy Weapons Squads (all 6) bunker down together with good firelanes, bracketed by the Hydras. Surrounding them in a 2, 4, 4 formation are the Infantry Squads, castled up in a fairly classic denied flank deployment, with the command squads spaced in between to make as much use of Orders as possible. Target priority is pretty simple - biggest threat first and move down from there. Lascannons target heavy vehicles, Autocannons target light-med vehicles and any infantry, Hydras target fliers. Master of Ordnance takes potshots as he sees fit and the Officer of the Fleet plays for reserve denial.

Order wise, Company Commander makes judicious use of Bring It Down! and Fire on My Target!, with Get Back in the Fight used if needed. Platoon Commanders will use Take Aim! initially, and once the lasguns are in range, First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire! before ordering them Forwards, for the Emperor! to keep the pressure up on attacking units/objectives.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think this is a hard one to call, whilst list 1 holds more tanks list 2 has a lot more manpower and firepower. For me list 2 will snatch this just on sheer weight of numbers, if they target the wyverns early there's nothing that can really throw a lot of damage at massed up troops...

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'm sorry, Guard vs Guard is just a tough thing to figure out for me. Instead of calling a tie which was my first inclination, I did my best to figure out a winner. In my opinion, Guard List 1 is set up to face Guard list 2. List one has Hellhounds and Wyverns which are designed to take out light infantry. List 1 troop are in transports which give them some measure of defense. For these reasons I believe that Guard list 1 is the winner.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
List 1 has this in spades. BS3 Autocannons and Lascannons can't go through that many Chimeras, which will do some decent scoring while those Wyverns just plow though the infantry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts